Anti rub bibs and turnout?

dunrobin_topper

dunrobin_topper
Aug 27, 2007
Sunny Dunny
Hey guys! Since its nearly that time of year again for me to take my rugs away to get washed and repaired i was thinking of buying an anti rub bib for my guy. He is a native so i only use a medium weight turnout for those really chilly nights but i had to remove a leg strap as it was rubbing (he had a sarcoid (nasty thing :mad:) I did however notice that the rug kept slipping to one side and it started to rub his shoulder. The rugs i use are weatherbeeta aspen turnouts with the high necks. They fit pretty well to be honest and im just annoyed at the slippage (if thats even a word?!). So my question is....... can you keep a rug bib on your horse all day? as most of the ones advertised state 'not for turnout use'? :confused:

Cheers x

Hi, I've got a lycra anti rub vest for my horse and he's been wearing it out in the field underneath his fly sheet, I bought it on line from Robinsons for £17.99 plus p&p, I don't think it said 'not for turnout use', I haven't had any problems with it , he'll be wearing it under his turnout rug this winter. Money extremely well spent :)

newrider.com