Another storm

Jessey

Dec 20, 2004
Suffolk, UK
I am a bit of a weather geek :oops: I find it fascinating to watch, but I thought I would share about the next one brewing, the models are predicting Brian will hit the southern UK and Ireland on Saturday. Saturday is a long way off in weather predicting terms so it will likely change but it has been pretty steady for the last 5 days.

Brian won't have the high wind speeds Ophelia had but is predicted to be more widespread. The 2nd pic, has the wind speed chart at the bottom.
brian.PNG brian 2.PNG

I am a member of Midland Storm Chasers (weather info) on FB. It has lots of widespread members but Vicky, who runs it, actually lives about a mile from me and she's such a character. She's having fun with the Monty Python link to the name Brian at the moment :p

Reactions: Jessey
Really hoping this won't reach as far north over here as Ophelia did - I hope not but it is already very wild out there and got caught out on the start of it earlier on my first ride out on Dolly after our 3 month break...interesting to say the least.........I/we need some nice calm autumn days I think:rolleyes:

Reactions: joellie
Hopefully it leaves you alone, the front is narrow but slow moving at the moment, it's lost a lot of momentum in the last day, maybe you'll be lucky and he'll run out of puff quickly.

I'm supposed to be going to London tomorrow. Naturally this is the first time I need to use a train in eons & I can't be certain at the moment there will be a train service ....!

Stay safe everyone :)

Wet and wild here but not scary thankfully. Just normal autumn weather for us. Hope nobody gets it too bad. @Cortrasna hope you get lots of calm weather, you certainly deserve some.

It's bright and blustery here, sadly too blustery for me to ride in the forest alone but it's meant I've got lots of jobs done :D I've got one roof panel flapping a bit but I've no idea how to secure it as it's over very damaged wood in the courtyard buildings, it doesn't look like it will go anywhere but definitely a job for a less blustery day and when I have another pair of hands to help.

It's bright and blustery here, sadly too blustery for me to ride in the forest alone but it's meant I've got lots of jobs done :D I've got one roof panel flapping a bit but I've no idea how to secure it as it's over very damaged wood in the courtyard buildings, it doesn't look like it will go anywhere but definitely a job for a less blustery day and when I have another pair of hands to help.

Yes wait until a calmer day and you have help. Only frustrating thing is these things don't show their face on a normal day! Like here, our gutters leak on the byre in certain places but I always forget when the rain stops!! I should take pics and make a list.......

Reactions: Jessey
I'm hoping it wont be too bad here, I think its not to be as bad as the last one. I ended up with 5 big trees uprooted in my paddock across the road, they have pulled the fence down. Thank goodness I had no animals in there at the time. I am bringing the sheep in tonight as there maybe trees that weakened with ophelia and Brian just might be enough for them to come down.
@Jessey think your wise not to ride in the forest, keep safe.
I took marley down the road for a quick hack and ended up getting caught out in the rain but at least there was no wind :)

Reactions: Jessey and Trewsers
I'm hoping it wont be too bad here, I think its not to be as bad as the last one. I ended up with 5 big trees uprooted in my paddock across the road, they have pulled the fence down. Thank goodness I had no animals in there at the time. I am bringing the sheep in tonight as there maybe trees that weakened with ophelia and Brian just might be enough for them to come down.
@Jessey think your wise not to ride in the forest, keep safe.
I took marley down the road for a quick hack and ended up getting caught out in the rain but at least there was no wind :)

Wow, that must have been a bad wind then. As you say, good job you'd no animals in there.

Reactions: joellie
Too unsafe to get mine in. Battled my way over to pass her a carrot and ended up alongside the hedge sheltering like the rest. :D Tempted just to stay there.

We have flood alerts but that's normal for the coast.

Reactions: joellie and Jessey
Too unsafe to get mine in. Battled my way over to pass her a carrot and ended up alongside the hedge sheltering like the rest. :D Tempted just to stay there.

We have flood alerts but that's normal for the coast.
I'm sure you get it really bad being on the coast!!

Drove past the yard on my way home today, and they all looked so miserable, that I got changed straight away and went back to bring them in for an early night. Very, very wet here, totally flooded outside my house, wind not as bad as last time though.
I hate this kind of weather, it makes me really jittery and short tempered, I have no idea why, I just can't settle.
Just ordered a take away (Indian) and we're going to settle down with a film in a bit. turned up loud so I cant hear what's happening outside)

Weather stopped play, no hunting for us yesterday as didn't want to risk taking the trailer out in high winds. Gutted but better to play it safe.

Anyone else got any damage?
Mr Star went to collect the take away (they don't deliver to our village) he rang to say he'd driven through a foot of winter on the main road to get there. He rang again to say that he couldn't get back as the police had closed off the road as it was too dangerous. He had to go the long way round, so a 20 minute journey ended taking an hour and a half.
Got to the yard this morning to find that the sand school had been washed away and two stables had flooded. Clean up operation took three of us, three hours this morning.
I'm so glad it's only the yard that floods, I would be devastated if that happened to my house, feel so sorry for people whose homes have flooded in this or previous storms.
Will need to put big order in for more shavings to be delivered at weekend.

The take away was worth the wait though :D

We got of lightly here, although the river has burst its bank and flooded the field below mine. There were two swans swimming up and down it.

newrider.com