Another storm coming

If it does that regularly can yard owner not put a ditch in so it goes somewhere?
We've got a ditch that can't always cope, but it's there and will all drain off.

Reactions: Huggy
If it does that regularly can yard owner not put a ditch in so it goes somewhere?
We've got a ditch that can't always cope, but it's there and will all drain off.
The problem is that the verge and roadway are higher than the field so everything runs into the field, there is a drain going down the verge council maintained so I can't really go and dig a ditch as I will probably dig up their drain, and if I dig a ditch in the field, it still has to go into their drain which is the thing that is causing the problem

Horses a mile or so from us their field flooded and one of them had to be rescued by fire brigade that field never flooded before. Have emailed my local councillor who lives up the road about the drainage, and to top it all looks like Fleur has laminitis.

Horses a mile or so from us their field flooded and one of them had to be rescued by fire brigade that field never flooded before. Have emailed my local councillor who lives up the road about the drainage, and to top it all looks like Fleur has laminitis.
Get well vibes for fleur, this warm wet weather is a bitch in more ways than 1, pretty sure it's the grass growing that's had Jess lame for the past couple of months, vet and I didn't clock it but since coming off the very sparse grass to none she's vastly improved.

Get well vibes for fleur, this warm wet weather is a bitch in more ways than 1, pretty sure it's the grass growing that's had Jess lame for the past couple of months, vet and I didn't clock it but since coming off the very sparse grass to none she's vastly improved.
I will try to get the mower going at the weekend as that's my best judge, I would say in the fields that are being rested = what remains of them - there may be a little bit of greening but the field they are in is yellow, and mud

I will try to get the mower going at the weekend as that's my best judge, I would say in the fields that are being rested = what remains of them - there may be a little bit of greening but the field they are in is yellow, and mud
Jess and the little boys were on 1/2 acre which I had carefully strip grazed across over 3 months, it wasn't great grass to start with and it looked brown and bald by the end but since they came off it 2 weeks ago we have at least 2 inches of growth on it :eek: they had just been eating it as quick as it was coming up.

Jess and the little boys were on 1/2 acre which I had carefully strip grazed across over 3 months, it wasn't great grass to start with and it looked brown and bald by the end but since they came off it 2 weeks ago we have at least 2 inches of growth on it :eek: they had just been eating it as quick as it was coming up.
the fields the donkeys came off I have looked at and there is still nothing on them, I have been weight taping them regularly just to be sure

Reactions: Jessey
When you wish you had put your vest on, are you cold or old. :D
Depending if the app is correct it's saying feels like 3 degrees and it's 30mph, I don't really give a fiddle. I am a cold and I am tired.

Reactions: Huggy
When you wish you had put your vest on, are you cold or old. :D
Depending if the app is correct it's saying feels like 3 degrees and it's 30mph, I don't really give a fiddle. I am a cold and I am tired.

Lol I don't wear a vest but I do layer up. Just think how slender we shall all be looking come summer - when the layers go! hheheheheee.

Reactions: Jessey and Huggy
With you in the layers - long sleeve t shirt, polo neck, baggy jumper (× 2 if I'm going up to the horses!) And I fully accept that I'm old AND cold. We are incredibly lucky where our fields are - with slope we've got negligible damage. This is the one they're in nowScreenshot_20200220-180806_Gallery.jpg and this is the summer fields - they'll go in when we run out of hayScreenshot_20200220-180751_Gallery.jpg

Reactions: Trewsers
newrider.com