Another Saturday night......

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
What is everyone up to? Woke up this morning convinced it was Sunday:oops:
Well we are having an italian inspired pot roast that OH started working on some hours ago. Yum, it smells good. It's quite nippy here so we'll be tucking everyone up about eight with lots of hay and heading into the kitchen where it's warm:)Don't know about everyone else but I'm just enjoying looking at my tree lights:)not a lot else planned, will be having a glass or two of cold Fosters:D
Between then and now I have a colour to rinse off my hair and a long natter with my mum and tea to feed to the beasts. I also have a pile of ironing but am studiously avoiding that:confused:

Reactions: MrA
We still have to put out more hay for the ponies, but the rest of us are tucked up inside with the fire lit. I would like to get on with some knitting, but that will depend where the puppy chooses to settle - my lap is often her chosen place!

Reactions: MrA and Trewsers
That sounds so lovely both of you!

I've got the rats out for a run currently and eating my dinner (pasta, tomato and sweetcorn -cheap and easy!) My landladys husband is home this weekend and I like to stay out the way so I eat down in the flat with the boys as he sometimes has friends over. He's really lovely though and I'm sure he doesn't mind.

I don't have a tree or anything sadly as too expensive to justify getting one for just me. But I did start wrapping presents today so can look at those if I want to feel festive!

Reactions: Trewsers
Been a busy day and I'm upset. Changed the rams raddle colours and foot trimmed there feet. Then discovered one of the girls has got a horrible eye. At this time of year during the week I only see them in the dark with a headtorch. To give them a bit of food and check there all on the feet. So when I saw her today I was horrified. Her eye is all blood shot and swollen. Looks like she has walked into a bush. I can't get any cream from the vets till Monday. So it could get worse before then. When it happened to one of the cows that bad she lost the eye. So I'm mortified.
My four ewe lambs that I kept have also developed Orf this week, all round there mouth and nose. Never had it at this time of year, it's usually something the get in the spring. I have treated those today. I reckon it's because it's been so wet that they picked up the virus from the ground. Hopefully this cold weather will clear it up quickly.
I've just put my tree up. Lots of sparkly lights, tinsel, and crackers. Just watching strictly. I think an early night will be on the cards, before waking up to a very white ground if they have the forecast right. We have a yellow weather warning on us.

Ponies done, retired old man that lives out has come in for the night because of the snow. He's definitely happy to be in as he's normally stressy and spends the entire time neighing, refusing to eat and kicking the door, today he's quiet as a mouse :rolleyes: glad he clearly lets me know what he wants though. Indian, tv and present wrapping for us tonight.

Reactions: Trewsers
Been a busy day and I'm upset. Changed the rams raddle colours and foot trimmed there feet. Then discovered one of the girls has got a horrible eye. At this time of year during the week I only see them in the dark with a headtorch. To give them a bit of food and check there all on the feet. So when I saw her today I was horrified. Her eye is all blood shot and swollen. Looks like she has walked into a bush. I can't get any cream from the vets till Monday. So it could get worse before then. When it happened to one of the cows that bad she lost the eye. So I'm mortified.
My four ewe lambs that I kept have also developed Orf this week, all round there mouth and nose. Never had it at this time of year, it's usually something the get in the spring. I have treated those today. I reckon it's because it's been so wet that they picked up the virus from the ground. Hopefully this cold weather will clear it up quickly.
I've just put my tree up. Lots of sparkly lights, tinsel, and crackers. Just watching strictly. I think an early night will be on the cards, before waking up to a very white ground if they have the forecast right. We have a yellow weather warning on us.

Oh heck. Lots of healing vibes for your sheep. I remember where we used to live some of the sheep had orf, I asked the farmer what it was because I'd seen a few and was worried so thought I'd better mention it. Hope the one with the damaged eye is okay too.

newrider.com