another royal mail question

MinnieMoo<3

Aug 28, 2010
Cambridgshire
i have always read royal mail posts and thought how lucky we are as our old posty was fab! however he has now retired a few weeks ago, and with him retiring went post through our door at 10am 6 days a week!

we have spoken to our neighbors and it used to be EVERY day (6 out of 7) we both got post - on saturday neither got any, monday neither did, (but across the road did) , tuesday they didnt, wednesday neither did...

my question to you all is what time does your post come and what time do you see as a reasonable time for the post to come by? and do you still get post monday to saturday inclusive?

My post used to come around 9.30am until i got a new postie and now it comes at approx 1pm. (well on a saturday at least..not sure during the week as im working)

I dont always get post though but i think this down to the fact i dont get that much post anyway. Last christmas was a nightmare though as i went for 4 or 5 days without getting any and then come home to find parcels and letters. I couldnt get in the door due to sheer volume of post behind the door. :poop::unsure:

Because we are so remote at home, we sometimes go days on end without post, mainly because of the bad track during the winter. I posted a moaning thread about this a while ago! They "leave" the post in a big pile with the farmer, which while I understand their dilema about the dangerous road (you need a four wheel drive) I don't agree with them leaving it haphazardly like that, I am pretty sure some of mine got mislaid one year. Annoying if you're waiting for hospital appiontments (like Mr T often is).
During normal months of weather we don't do too bad - we get our post every day or other day. I sometimes think the postie doesn't bother coming all the way down if there is only the one letter! (It is a long way down and I don't blame him really). Which reminds me, my Horse and Rider mag hasn't arrived - anybody else on here subscribe? Are they running late this month? (Sorry to hi-jack your thread!lol)

Because we are so remote at home, we sometimes go days on end without post, mainly because of the bad track during the winter. I posted a moaning thread about this a while ago! They "leave" the post in a big pile with the farmer, which while I understand their dilema about the dangerous road (you need a four wheel drive) I don't agree with them leaving it haphazardly like that, I am pretty sure some of mine got mislaid one year. Annoying if you're waiting for hospital appiontments (like Mr T often is).
During normal months of weather we don't do too bad - we get our post every day or other day. I sometimes think the postie doesn't bother coming all the way down if there is only the one letter! (It is a long way down and I don't blame him really). Which reminds me, my Horse and Rider mag hasn't arrived - anybody else on here subscribe? Are they running late this month? (Sorry to hi-jack your thread!lol)

Yes mine arrived last friday Trewsers !

dont worry about the hi-jack trewsers!

should probably add that dad needs post for his work, he has doccuments posted to him which he needs for appointments that afternoon, which never was a problem when it came at 10am

and its not like we are in the middle of no where we live on the High Street of our village!

Our post is usually around lunch time although at the moment this doesn't bother me because I'm out at work then anyway.

What was a more annoying when we were at school was being sat at the kitchen table with a bowl of dry cereal at 8am, waiting for the milkman to arrive!

Most day prob around 2pm ish but in winter it can be a lot later - this is only if our normal postie is on, if she's on hols we're lucky to get any post at all - I think they save it for her coming back!!

newrider.com