Another reason not to send your OH shopping...

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
Mr T has just arrived back into the office and announced "I'm bloody sick of dieting so I've bought some proper food".:giggle::cry: He the proceeded to reel off the list. Cheesecake (huge size), Cream and chocloate dessert and some biscuits (I think). Deary me. I am just going to keep chanting my latest mantra - "I will be thin, I will be thin". Going to focus on the fruit bag I have and pretend I'm not going to lapse and eat anything bad........To be fair to the man, he's not on a diet as such and he's been very poorly and not eaten for a week (well, not properly). Hmm. Don't let your OH's shop........You never know what they'll come back with......:wub:

Mine's the same! But he is thin as a rake and can eat what he likes! :devil:

I don't think he gets how badly I want to lose weight, he keeps saying I'm still attractive :redface: very sweet of him but not helpful when I have no willpower! :cry:

We have the opposite here. OH does most of the shopping, but we have a shared spreadsheet that we add stuff to we need. (Yes I know, we are very nerdy and sad a:) ) Our problem is I can eat what I want and OH "thinks" he is putting weight on and can't understand why. I finally persuaded him yesterday - whilst he was giving up with another diet fad of drinking copius amounts of green tea - that targeted exercise might be a better plan. He is bothered by his small belly so I made him promise to do my 10 minute miracle yoga DVD everyday for a month to see if it makes a difference. He got distracted after 3 SECONDS :biggrin: but got through. Tonight, night 2! Lets see how we get on.

Well OH keeps telling me I don't need to lose weight, just wish my clothes agreed with him........hehehehehe. Exercise, exercise, exercise. This weekend I am going hill walking if I get chance - my legs are getting much stronger (they were rubbish and used to ache a few months back but now they don't give up that easily!!)

My OH has last almost a stone in the last 6 weeks!!

He's dieting for our wedding later this year and is doing so well. I just wish I could say the same for me!!

My OH is never allowed to go shopping on his own after once buying ingredients for dinner and some fruit and spending £45!!!! Apparently the sea bass he'd bought was £11 for two piddly bits but that seemed reasonable...on what planet!?!?!

Lol Sparklie - I think men don't look at the price of stuff when they're food shopping. I know OH is very focused and just "goes for it" - he can't weigh me up when I look for food bargains, he will always go for the one he wants but not on price......

mine buys random bits that you can't actually make a proper meal from. He now knows just to keep quiet and leave the cooking to me!! i'm sure you can treat yourself to a little bit of the cheesecake trewsers, would be a shame for it not to be eaten!! (says she who just devoured a large slice of homemade lemon pie, my absolute achillies heel that i cannot resist!).

Mine can go shopping anytime he likes he is 10 times better at it than me:biggrin:

He came back with 4 HUGE Steaks tonight, they were delicious:wink:

with all that in your cupboards Trewsers I am on my way round :biggrin: I will help eat it (stopped smoking 2 weeks ago and stopping for some reason really messes with my blood sugar levels??), and seem to either be starving or feel plain sick.

in some ways count yourself lucky? my OH went for some bread and came back with a motorbike rofl!! have now moved house so no bike shop between us and local grocery shop :biggrin:

... OH does most of the shopping, but we have a shared spreadsheet that we add stuff to we need. (Yes I know, we are very nerdy and sad a:) ) ...

Not at all - we do the same! Originally we made it so I could shop by myself, and therefore spend loads of time at the yard provided I came home with the weekly shop, but we use it now to shop online. It's brilliant, because not only do we not get sidetracked by great big cakes and trifles, but we're making an average saving of £25 per week on the bill.

I'm another for spreadsheets, I select the meals I'm going to make and it adds the ingrediants to the shopping list. Before I print it or use it for the online shop I remove anything that I already have plenty off. Saves me thinking about what to make for dinner and cuts down on the time in the shops :)

I'm another one that relies on shopping lists!!! otherwise I forget half the stuff I need! :)

I have to admit that I'm lucky as I have a small frame but can pretty much eat what I like, my OH has started to put a bit of weight on lately as the lifestyle that goes with our jobs tends to mean relying on easy to cook food/fast food.

He has done well and has lost a bit but on his return from Singapore is going to hit the exercise as this really seems to be the only way for him to lose it!

newrider.com