Another reason I love my pony ... box broke down!

notpoodle

Jul 16, 2003
Brighton!
Visit site
... on the way home from a great day at the gymkhana, our box broke down. just at the end of the dual carriage way, just at the entrance to a roundabout. just after Brighton Football Stadium. Just after the match had finished. in other words: NOT a good situation to be in, AT ALL :cold:

Luckily it wasn't too far from home!!!

Called up YO who rallied up some people and my friend ended up coming to collect us in her box to take us home.

this involved unloading onto one lane of the busy road, leading pony up the verge (coaches full of football supporters and what seemed like a gazillion cars all around), round the roundabout (!!) and the load her into friend's box at the roadside.

Despite travelling alone, Appley kept her cool, munched on her hay, unloaded quietly, ambled round the busy road and roundabout and merrily loaded into the second pony receptacle and travelled home like a pro.

She might only be 12hh and not even quite 6 years old but I can't help thinking that I really have hit the jackpot here and she is well and truly priceless :wub: what a trooper!!!!

Julia
x

Aw that's great, what a wise and sensible girl she sounds. You did well keeping calm and cool too - I know what it's like when there's a footie match going on - I used to live near a certain famous football stadium and it's quite a scary feat getting through the crowds in a car - never mind with a horse and trailer!

Well done appley and well done you!!! and not just any football game right at the end of a crystal palace game no less! :skull: After the ninth riot van went past while i was in our little schooling area this morning i headed home the back way!

newrider.com