Another newbie! Hi! Also looking for loan horse - Bedfordshire

Scaty_Bird

Aug 8, 2008
Bedfordshire
Hi all,

sorry but you have another newbie, hello!

Also just wanted to get the word around in the forum that I am looking for a horse to loan in the Bedfordshire area. 15.3 - 16.3, gelding, not picky of breed or age, just something that is sane and wants a loving home

Look forward to reading and posting

Thanks for listening!

Hi and Welcome....

My friend is looking to loaning her horse out for approx. 1 year whilst she has a baby.

He is a black Shire x Hann 4yo gelding. HW Hunter type. I backed him last year and turned him away til spring this year. He is green with his flatwork, but very willing, and has a sweet trainable attitude. He has the manner of a saint. He hacks out in company, but needs a confident rider to hack alone, but this is due to his lack of experience. He is not spooky or flighty, and is extremely sane and sensible.

He has been loose jumped, and has a fantastic technique over fences. (Show Jumping Sire - Hann).

Wow that was a super speedy reply! Thanks for the welcome.

Sounds like a great little project : )
Whereabouts does she keep him, is she local to Bedfordshire?

Hiya welcome!! Where in Beds are you?? I'm near Leighton Buzzard!

I have viewed a couple in the last 2 weeks that for one reason or another aren't right for me, what sort of experience have you got as I can pass you on the details! xx

Well I should of joined the group earlier! You are all very welcoming!

I am near Bedford. Used to work with horses for years at a riding school as an instructor and groom. Ridden lots of different horses from the super steady to the super sensitive! Would prefer something not too sharp, spooky or flighty, just want to enjoy my time with the horses now as gave up the job a few years ago to get my own.

If you could pass on the details that would be fab, thanks a million!

Friends horse is in Chislehurst, but she is willing to let him travel - dunno how far.

If you PM luckysnipp - she owns him.

Here are some I saw if you like the sounds of any of them send me a private message.

15.2hh 6yo Section D gelding. Chestnut, needs bringing on, lovely little horse with lovely paces just needs a regular sensitive rider to bring him on as owner is very much a novice.

15.2hh 12yo coloured irish cob x TB mare. Has been a broodmare for 3 years and needs bringing back into work, has hunted, showjumped, won national SJ sidesaddle comps etc. A really been there done that kinda girl. Easy to do, is fast when hunting only problem is shes a dominant mare in the field.

14.2hh section D mare. Small but rides much bigger. 9yo has done it all. Lovely paces, lovely jump, sweetheart to handle. Knows her job, but does like to scream to her friends when out hacking!

Let me know if your interested in any of them. All within 1hr30mins drive, prob less from you!

I definately think we should do a bedfordshire meet!!

Bedfordshire meet would be a great idea! Would love to know what you think of my Section D to Ace87! I have been looking for someone to ride my horse if you are interested Scaty_Bird?

When I get in I'm starting a bedfordshire meet thread! How exciting. Oh I'm almost jumping about with excitement... that could be the red bull as I've not slept in days?!?!!

Welcome to NR....

Will also keep eyes open for loans for you. I live in MK, and keep my horses nearer to buckingham now. My mare is only 14hh unfortuatly!!!

Good luck looking for something!

Bedfordshire meet would be a great idea! Would love to know what you think of my Section D to Ace87! I have been looking for someone to ride my horse if you are interested Scaty_Bird?

Please tell me allllll about your Section D, I'm at work and need a story lol!

Oh ok, this explains my user name! As you can see I am a tad scaty :D

15.2 is an ideal height for me, whereabouts are you and what are you looking for? Are you looking for a sharer or a full loan?

Any info gratefully received!!

Thanks again everyone for all your welome messages, and for looking for me!

Just a quick question, when I log back on again later how do I get back to this thread, do I just look through the posts on the main page?? :confused:

Well she is 11, 15.2 I have had her since she was 6. Does need a confident rider as can be a bit of a madam but she just needs to know who is boss. She has impeccable manners - although used to be otherwise! She has paces to die for and loves her jumping.

She is currently on a strict diet & excercise regime as I have been so busy with work and went on holiday she has put on loads of weight - i feel bad enough about it so pls no comments! She does just have to sniff grass though to put weight on. I'll put a pic on in a sec when photobucket kicks in.

I'm not really looking for any financial contribution just someone who will ride her and enjoy her.

I am moving yards in the next week or so. pics in a second!

Ok excuse the fat tummy please! I'll post some better pics when I get home as these are the only ones here!

n833985197_3096102_434.jpg

IMG_20541.jpg

IMG_20521.jpg

IMG_20551.jpg

IMG_20561.jpg

IMG_20571.jpg

Last edited:
newrider.com