Another, more complicated, how much?

Loopy_Laura

Apr 3, 2002
Bucks
Visit site
Ok, for those who don't know the background my horse is currently recovering from a stress fracture. Normally she lives out but she has been on box rest and the insurance company haven't covered the extra cost so basically she is costing me more then i earn. I am going to uni in sept and was going to loan her out but it looks like i am going to have to sell to recover the money she is costing me- I cant afford to go to uni already over drawn.

So I was wondering how much she will be worth if i keep her until she is back in full work to see whether that is a better option financially then selling her now since she will probably be worth very little money.

She is 15.2hh, reg IDxTB with good bloodlines.
To ride she is forward going, and keen to get on with her work, but she isn't strong or silly, she is sensible and straight foward and pretty much bombproof. She is good to hack alone and in company in most traffic.
She has a brilliant scopey jump and is very bold- never stops etc.
i would aim to get her back to the stage where she is working in a nice outline in w,t,c and popping a jump. She has done wll at rc level and could easily affiliate in any discipline.
On the ground she is a million per cent to do anything and everything with- i have literally never met another horse who is as good to lead as she is. My non horsey mum can lead her, load her, pick her feet out, groom her etc.

Bear in mind that she will have an exclusion on that leg, although i dont know if that will be indefinately. But i suppose i could get vets reports and x rays to prove that the leg will be of no further problem?

I would say she'd be worth a fair bit! Sounds like my sort of horse (except never in a million years would I be able to afford a good horse like that, lol) I want!

well it would depend on if they had her vetted and if the vet said it would be an on goin prob? with horse iv seen been sold that have done far more ect ect id say around £2500 maybe a bit more, at the end of the day a horse is only worth what some one will pay for it.

I think if you could prove that the leg would cause no problems and got her back into work and jumped her on a ticket ect you could easily get £4,500/£5000 I would buy her seeing as I have an identical horse as her on box rest til october :O

i agree with the others if it could be proved that leg wasnt going to cause her any problems then about 3000k maybe more

I agree with Tango if your horse passes a 5 stage vetting but after a stress fracture i'm not sure how likely that is..

newrider.com