Another Geek Meet! HC & Domane...

HairyCob

Has anyone seen my mind?
Mar 18, 2002
Visit site
Well, Jane and I have had our second meet today... In fact we're still having it- I'm typing this from Jane's computer!

Pictures to follow, hopefully tomorrow, but I've had and am having a lovely time here in Not-very-sunny-Wiltshire, Cherry is absolutely gorgeous- even more so in the flesh, and I have been lucky enough to go out on a hack with her:D

I've also met Astropoof, who is also lovely,and came to the pub with us after our ride, and Breeches, allthough that was a very brief 'hello' through his car window from Cherry's back:D

We've been to the pub twice today (my sort of meet!), had a longlining session this morning, a trip to Domane's local and fabulous tack shop, followed by our first pub visit, which incorporated lunch, then went back to Jane's very large and very friendly yard for a hack with Astropoof and another person from the yard, and then off to the pub again for 'refreshment':D

Right now, Domane's lovely OH has gone to the Indian to get our dinner, and I guess once I've eaten that, all too soon it will be time to go home:(

So, there we go, an update on another Geek Meet... Photo's to follow just as soon as I can get an internet connection at home:rolleyes:

Finally, I'd just like to say a HUGE publicTHANKYOUto Jane for making me feel so welcome, allowing me to ride her lovely horse, and letting me log on to NR to check my PM's... the withdrawals were getting bad;) Cheers Jane:D

Well.... it's ME on my pc now and once again I am feeling a little :( as my day with HC is over! She arrived really early so that we could make the most of it and it STILL flew by....

Can't really add anything to HC's description other than to say THANK YOU for coming and I'm so glad you enjoyed yourself... can't wait to see the photos either.... :)

(and yes, the Indian takeaway was fab ;) )

Claire what are you trying to say about Jane :D

Glad you two had good fun as the others will have too.

Now where are the North East lot that I have not met :D

Right I'm going to post the photos as quickly as I can, with no explaination for them, I'll leave that for Jane, as I seem to only be able to get a connection for 2 minutes at a time.... here' goes....

GeekMeet002.jpg

GeekMeet005.jpg

GeekMeet018.jpg

Hooray! HC - they are BRILL!!!

And.... if my memory serves me correctly.... I do believe that the caption under the last photo was to have been -

"Ere Norman! This saddle tilts back a bit!!!" :D :D

PS You're right - Chez does look SO embarrassed in the "hat" - but it worked, didn't it???

Conection seems to be holding for now, so a quick explaination....

First three photos are obviously of our longlining session this morning, with Jane making it all look terribly easy to get Cherry to work long and low, and mee looking like a bit of an eejit in my purple coat:rolleyes:

Fourth Picture- Cherry all ready to go on our hack, looking not a little hacked-off that once again there was a camera about to capture her looking like a dork!

Fifth picture, Jane and I all mounted and ready to go... grinning like idiots, which seemed to be the order of the day!

Sixth picture- Jane had some bloke check Cherry's saddle recently, and I don't know what he said or did, but it sure does seem to tip the rider back a lot....;) ;) OK, in fact, Jane was trying to hide behind me and I wasn't going to let her:D

Finally, here we are headed off up the lane on our hack, a sneaky shot with Astropoof in there too:D

GeekMeet027.jpg

ETA... the photo! DOH!;)

Yeah! Great photos girls.

How on earth did you get Cherry to work like that Jane? She looks fab!

Dodgey fitting saddle there ;)

How did the hack go - did Cherry tank off on one of her gallops with Claire?:p

xx

Dee

Whatanejit said:
How on earth did you get Cherry to work like that Jane?
She doesn't do it like that ALL the time Dee, about 50% - Claire obviously picked the best photos (thanks C!) BUT she is clearly feeling so much more free in her back that she seems to enjoy working long and low... it's a works in progress though :p
Whatanejit said:
How did the hack go - did Cherry tank off on one of her gallops with Claire?
Cherry doesn't tank off! (Except when terrified by scary dropped lunge line ;) ) She enjoys a canter and a gallop but it's always a controlled thing.... (well, with my limited abilities :eek: ) and she was pretty much her normal self yesterday... refusing to stand for passing cars but other than that to me she was in her Saturday safe ploddy cob mood....

(although HC may disagree..... )

*big sigh* .... HC has such a lovely (expensive :eek: ) camera......

I'm not going to disagree with you Jane, Cherry was a delight to ride:D Very different to Dolly... much wider and much stronger:eek: and as you know I had a bit of a Colly-wobble cause she is so similar looking to HC himself... but she really was a joy to ride- didnt' feel 'out of control' at all... other than when Breeches went past:rolleyes: typical, and she wouldn't stand still or go forward, but I'm sure that was my fault not hers:)

Oh, and my camera WAS expensive when I bought it, but you can pick them up for a couple of hundred now... smile sweetly at the lovely Dom (*waves* Hi Dom!) for birthday and christmas:D ;)

newrider.com