Anothe feather in Appley's hairy little cap!

notpoodle

Jul 16, 2003
Brighton!
Visit site
Appley and I completed our first Endurance Pleasure ride today :D 'only' 22km but considering everyone else around was AT LEAST two hhs bigger than us ... I am chuffed to pieces that we averaged at 8.9 km/h (I used the Garmin watch to track us afterwards) and she kept up with friend's cob just fine and was still up for a good gallop just before the finishing line (the second we passed the latter she had the bigger wee in the world!).

She also loved getting sloshed with water at the checkpoints! once she worked out what would happen she positioned herself, stuck her head up and curled her lips in delight, bless her :)

Hopefully some pics later as there was a photographer there :)

Julia
x

PS: never in my life have I worked so bloody hard for a rosette! we've been training for this for months now! getting the speed required is not quite as easy for a 12hh pony than it is for a big horse!

What a good girl. Cannot imagine Storm being happy about being sloshed with water!lol not even in the heat! Sounds like you deserved to do well. WEll done.

13 miles is plenty, I did ten and that was enough. Though I only had to step in someone else had fittened them up, but she was only 12.3hh.

Look forward to photos. :biggrin:

14.21 miles actually, according to the Garmin :) average moving speed 5.9 miles an hour :)

ps: the length is not an issue for us, we do this every other week on the Downs :) it's keeping the speed going for that long ...

What a little pocket rocket. No wonder you are so pleased. I consider it good going if I can average about 6/7k per hour on Dolly, but ours is only road work so not much chance to get a good burst of speed up to bring the average up a notch.:redface:

Have you got the bug now?:biggrin:

Is that the wrist Garmin? I have the um fore something they don't make now.

Oh don't know why I have a lightbulb on my other posts. Where did it come from?:unsure:

What an absolute star! :angel: (Paps would turn into a big girls blouse if he had water chucked at him.)

Look forward to seeing pics later! x

That's it! I am buying a pony!

You guys look great. I just wish the watermark would be a bit more subtle so we could actually see more of you!
I would have bought pics too. Of course you need to keep a memento!

Oh 379 is lovely and a huge well done. it is something I have never done and seeing you to not only give it a go but do so well makes me think it is worth the try but we will never be as good as you too,

A huge well done

Well done to you both! Rusty would have broken the sound barrier running in the opposite direction if someone chucked water at him :redface:

newrider.com