angel update!

notpoodle

Jul 16, 2003
Brighton!
Visit site
its been nearly 3 months without shoes now! after the little hickup after the last farrier visit (which we got through thanks to her lovely renegades!), she is back on form now - we're currently doing exactly the same rides we did with shoes on - no probs at all, stomping along on stoney tracks, roads and gravel! we havent done any mega-long rides yet (lack of time! currently out 2 hours max at a time), but i am fairly optimistic this will be possible in the summer :)

can't believe it! has i known this would actually work out so well, i would have had her shoes taken off years ago! (but then, it probably wouldnt have worked out then as her metabolism was in an entirely different place altogether back then). no cracks, just a few tiny chips! they used to regularly just crack from the nailholes down (sometimes a little chunk would fall out of those areas as well) - looking much better now :)

i hope we'll get through the spring grass ok!! her exercise regime has already started, so fingers crossed!

just wanted to share :)

Julia
x

Aren't the rennies fab!! I agree they make life a lot easier,and am so pleased to hear you are getting on ok and practically trouble free with the naked feet:tongue::biggrin:

Everything crossed it carries on through the spring grass,and you have a problem free barefoot summer:happy:

:dance: our first six months were a big learning curve, but being barefoot is so much easier now! I wish it was this easy for everyone else as I feel so much safer when riding barefoot and she is much sounder eithmuch better quality feet.

newrider.com