*And the winner for Best Mane & Tail go to....*Piccies!*

x.fat-pony.x

Sep 9, 2006
The one and only Gem!
Went a bit mad with the Canter Mane and Tail Conditioner spray today :eek: it was worth it though to see her famous (well, around this area anyway!) thick and lucious hair!

Before (all messy and tangled) :

DSC00320.jpg

DSC00009.jpg

And after:

DSC00336-1.jpg

(LOVE that pic!)

DSC00337.jpg

DSC00338.jpg

What do you think? Good competition at shows? :p

I hate to think what it'll be like in the winter with all the mud :eek: Rather you than me!

Was thinking that earlier, it's hard even keeping her clean in summer, if you hose her down after riding and turn her ou, she becomes a dog and rolls in the muddiest place possible!!! :rolleyes:

Wow! Thats an amazing forelock!

Indi's got a really long mane, but his forelock isn't anything like yours!

To look after Indi's mane, I always keep it tied up in an arab plait. I only re plait it about every 3-4 weeks, so I don't have to keep brushing it:). It seems to keep a lot cleaner too;)

Heres a rare pic of his mane not plaited
DSC02784.jpg

Some people say "wow", and some say "aren't you going to pull that?",:eek::p

Some people say "wow", and some say "aren't you going to pull that?",:eek::p

I've had people asking if I want it hogged! :eek::eek:

Good idea about the plait though, will certainly consider it for winter *shudders at thought of winter coat* I swear Gem is a skewbald at heart ;)

Sheryl - I'd be one of the WOW people - that mane is AMAZING.....am really quite envious.......gorgeous.....

Fatpony - don't hog that mane, its gorgeous!!! Just keep slapping the Canter mane and tail spray on - its lovely!!!

I've had people asking if I want it hogged! :eek::eek:

That is shocking:eek:. I'm sorry to anyone who has a hogged mane, but I detest them!:eek:

Trewsers - Thanks:D. It was quite easy to grow, when you don't have to brush it everyday;). (I'm just lazy really:p)

be carefull arab plaiting a heavy cobs mane, as i found that you end up with it falling out and going thin,erm pig oil and sulphering ,mane, tails and feathers ,stops them from getting as dirty and keeps them ringlet free all year round,also helps with poo stains in tails too!!!:D:D
HOWEVER said to "hog" needs the clippers running over their head!!!!

I just got a full neck rug for the winter to keep kias mane good!!!

Kia had a lovely mane right to the withers until the pony groomed and pulled it all out!!! :rolleyes::mad:

What a lovley girl you have there and that mane is just to die for!!!!

Nikki xxxx

newrider.com