An apology and an **Indie Update**

Kc Mac

Aug 22, 2008
Firstly I apologise as I have not been around much recently - real life has been hectic :tongue:

Now for the good bit.....

Indie has started his holiday early due to the weather and my work changing! He is happy with this arrangement it seems! However he is looking like a tramp now :redface: I am leaving him naked as long as he is doing well and warm enough. Unfortunately he does have a little bit of mud fever but other than that is happy and healthy.

So now for the pics. One from May 2010, my handsome arab...
DSC00726.jpg

DSC00745.jpg

To my now native looking pony - is it REALLY the same horse?!?!
DSC01410.jpg

DSC01422.jpg

DSC01429.jpg

DSC01462.jpg

.....and 2 pics from this morning
DSC01466.jpg

DSC01470.jpg

It always amazes me how much a horse changes when work stops and they loose muscle tone and don on their winter woolies! I think Indie does look quite different but promise it is him!!

He is on ad lib hay and gets a sixth of a scoop of Fast Fibre and a scoop of Alfa A Oil split into 2 feeds - I think he is looking well considering he gets very little food! Yay for the good doer arab :wavespin:

He also has the dentist coming out to him on sunday so fingers crossed he behaves himself!

Sorry for all the pics and waffled post but thats me!!

Last edited:
I love Indy both shiny and fluffy! I'm so glad you posted those pics because I've been really looking forward to seeing him in his winter woollies. I especially like the second to last picture, really shows off his beautiful winter colour.

Rafi still hasn't grown much of a winter coat, his face and fetlocks are a bit hairy but that's about all.

Oh .. what a difference...:unsure:... ha ha.. roll on summer eh:dance:

Yep!! cannot wait even though I do love the winter (when its not raining!)

I love Indy both shiny and fluffy! I'm so glad you posted those pics because I've been really looking forward to seeing him in his winter woollies. I especially like the second to last picture, really shows off his beautiful winter colour.

Rafi still hasn't grown much of a winter coat, his face and fetlocks are a bit hairy but that's about all.

Indie has now really fluffed up and is a little cleaner, as long as you don't pat him :giggle: He is now looking like a pony we saw early this year when travelling through Dartmoor, especially with his coat colour! Over the next few weeks he will get even darker and should get even hairier so will update then :wink: Just hope the rain holds off so he can stay nekkid longer, then his coat will look amazing in the spring/summer :angel:

Bless Rafi did you clip in the end or leave im? Sorry I'm out of touch :redface: Indies face will resemble a goats as he gets so much beard growth :bounce: but he only realy gets bum fluff for feathers :mstickle:

Yes, Rafi wins on the feathers but nothing else. They're only little whispy things though. I haven't clipped him yet as he doesn't get sweaty, but then I don't work him very hard what with being careful about his feet and the bloomin' weather and dark nights. I do sometimes go on a hack with YO on her Section C who is clipped and the Section C (who is much fitter) comes back steaming and wet while Rafi only has a bit of sweat under his girth.

newrider.com