Amber's Official Name: The Result!

What name should I register Amber under?

• Amber's Third Time Lucky

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Amber's Echo

Votes: 13 54.2%
  • Driftwood Amber

Votes: 10 41.7%

• Total voters

KP nut

I'd rather be riding.
Dec 22, 2008
Harrumph.....

Unveiled my lovely new (but not yet official) name for Amber at a big family gathering over Easter: Amber's Third Time Lucky. Only to be met with:

"Oh that's really rather ordinary" (mum)
"That's not exactly original" (cousin)
"Not very pretty or artistic" (another cousin)

Even my poor OH was pressed for an opinion and reluctantly said he did not much like the name either!!

No-one likes it! On the other hand everyone loved Driftwood Amber.

And the option of Amber's Echo was also suggested which reflects her grandmother (Echo Beach) and is quite beautiful I think.

I know I should just go for whatever I want. My horse after all. But I just don't know. I like them all. So I have narrowed it down to those 3.

Driftwood Amber was the clear NR favourite so I would be interested to see what you guys think of the new options.

Thanks again!!

I would consider Amber Echo without the possessive s. Your horse is a horse in her own right and not just the reproduction of a dam. If you prefer that name, use it, because it starts with the word Amber. The problem is that Amber is an adjective as well as a noun. So if you put it first it could sound as if it describes the second word. That could be why people prefer Driftwood Amber.
Amber Echo reminds you of the horses you loved in the past. But is more positive than driftwood. You don't want to compete a horse that is associated with drifting.
I myself would probably not have chosen any of these names because neither echo nor driftwood have a happy forceful ring.

Driftwood Amber, Amber's Echo 2nd, not keen on Amber's third time lucky agree with your family it's boring and not very original, but if you like it go for that.

Amber's Echo made all the early running and is ahead by a nose, Driftwood Amber is travelling well and making up ground rapidly while the one-time favourite, Amber's Third Time Lucky, has been left trailing far behind......

Any more bets on this one! Who will be first past the post!

Well a late surge for Amber's Echo to pull a couple of lengths clear! Think I have her new name unless Driftwood Amber can finish extremely strongly. 2 more days to vote!

I truly have no preference so I will call her whichever name wins. She will be an NR named horse!!

Reactions: Jessey and Trewsers
I am really looking forward to following the progress of Amber's Echo. She is a very lucky lady to land on her feet with you and I can see the two of you really achieving your dreams together.

Reactions: KP nut
We too have an Amber who we think will make a good dressage horse. We have named her 'Fifty Pence' as that is what she cost ( bought/rescued two for a nominal £!! ) Unimaginative but imagine the kudos if she does well!!
nr-lhf.png

Reactions: KP nut
newrider.com