Amazing 40th Birthday

OwnedbyChanter

With out my boys life would be bland
Apr 16, 2009
Raininghamshire
Wow, I was dreading my birthday this year being the big 40 but somehow it ended up being great fun.

My OH goes to the Cheltenham Gold cup every years therefore as a rule is away for my birthday and this year was no different but as we have been going through a rough patch he really pulled all the stops out.

It has been a mad mad month. It started the second week of March when I went to London with work and saw the ceremony of the keys at the Tower of London after a great afternoon High Tea at the Alridge.The next night was 'uppers and downer' in the Sgt Mess bar so I had lots of drinks with my friends and got home very late.

That weekend I went to dressage camp and had a ball drinking bubbly for three nights and playing with my pony.
The following Friday I went to the local pub with two friends, talked and drank more bubble I receive the most generous present from my lovely yard which I use to by a new Pikuer coat. Saturday morning I spent walking the dogs andOH came home around 2 so we went for a hack before going over the lovely @squidsin house for an amazing dinner party with more bubbly.

Sunday I can a combined training comp which Ginger was awesome 68% in the dressage and I refusal (mums fault).

Monday OH and I travelled to Rome for four days. It is the most amazing city.

I have felt completely spoiled and very much loved but in need of taking off the vino for a while.

Sorry very boring but wanted to share my amazing March

Oh how lovely :) Happy birthday and 40 is but a number, remember your only as old as you feel or is it as old as the man you feel, I'm never quite sure. ;)

Reactions: Trewsers
Many Happy Returns of the Day OBC. And how lovely you went to Rome. Brilliant city and fab food. Dream of Roman pizza.

Many Happy Returns of the Day OBC. And how lovely you went to Rome. Brilliant city and fab food. Dream of Roman pizza.
Thank you. Rome was truly beautiful we spent three days exploring as much as we could, as for the food!!!!

Off to the gym first thing in the morning lol

Please don't say that my OH is 12 years older than me :(

Mine's 21 years older than I am. :(

Sounds like a great time! :D. Way back when I was 15 I won Cadburys children's poetry competition and the prize was a guided art tour of Italy. We went to Florence, Sienna, Venice and Rome. I think Rome was my favourite. I am jealous! And very glad you had a great birthday!

Congrats on your birthday :D it sounds like you had a whole month of celebrations, if your going to do it, go big :D I like your style :p

Happy Birthday! Im heading there this year too and also dreading it.. however it sounds like it didn’t hurt too badly at all!! Im hankering after a visit to Olympia or HOYS

Reactions: OwnedbyChanter
Sounds great. I too am turning 40 this year. I am not dealing with it well. For a joke I started telling people I was 28, and to my astonishment they believed me (to my face anyway!). I have always looked young so am thinking of completely ignoring my 40th and turning 29 instead!

Reactions: OwnedbyChanter
I embraced 40!! I was much more stressed about turning 30 for some reason. I am FAR FAR happier now than I was in my teens & twenties.

I embraced 40!! I was much more stressed about turning 30 for some reason. I am FAR FAR happier now than I was in my teens & twenties.

Me too, for some reason I felt old at 30 and convinced myself I was past doing loads of things! Haahhaaa. Since I've turned 40 I've done way more and made life changing decisions.

Reactions: Calluna and KP nut
newrider.com