Am I being an idiot?

Chessy

Dec 4, 2009
Hertfordshire
So, those that read my member diary and have followed mine and Rosie's journey together will know that my OH and I have each put a lot of work into bonding with Rosie and dealing with her mistrust of humans. I have come so far in the past few months and I am really proud of her progress.

Being as Rosie is much easier to handle now I decided to advertise for a sharer. I am needing help with the costs as I have constant money worries (don't we all? :tongue:)
I got a lot of responses and interest to my ad, perhaps because Rosie is a great confidence giver and lovely to ride. I am meeting a prospective sharer next week.

BUT...

I am feeling a bit worried for some stupid reason because... I don't want Rosie to like the sharer more than me :frown: Yeah I know, I'm being ridiculous. But me and Rosie have really built up this trust and I am jealous of someone else getting involved with my girl.

Am I a total melon? Yes, probably. This sharer I'm meeting sounds very nice and I'm sure all will be well. I'm just overly protective and attached to my baby :cloud9:

But I just wanted to get this out :tongue: Anyone else felt the same with their sharers?

Yep!

Joy is my baby. I knew for her sake that she needed to realised that other people could be just as nice as I am and worthy of her trust so approached someone to share.

Despite it being my choice to want her to bond with someone else, I do like to feel special in her eyes and worried that she'd all to easilly trust someone else and I wouldn't seem so special after all :giggle:

No you're not an idiot! I know exactly where you are coming from :smile:

However, you just have to look at it that your horse will have double the love, and it may benefit her to not be so attached to one person, although it may bruise your ego :redface:

Also think about it in a way that you could make a new friend, who will never get bored of talking horse and will understand any troubles you are having!

:dance:

You're right Sharman&Apollo, it would definitely be a good thing for Rosie to not be so attached to me and my OH. But yep, definitely an ego thing on my part! I'm just so proud I have helped Rosie to overcome her trust problems and I'm all possessive now! LOL

S&A is (are?) right. Horses have a lot of love to go around :inlove:

Ziggy loves and trusts me. He loves and trusts my RI Sarah even more (but I don't mind because she is just a horse magnet, they all respond that way to her). And he loves and trusts my friend/groom Carol, and is wonderful therapy for her.

They're herd animals and can manage a very large number of relationships! More than us that's for sure!

If you manage to find the right sharer, you'll be able to celebrate how far Rosie has come - that through you, she can even trust other people. :biggrin:

No you're neither an idiot or a melon. I have enough problems working out if Flip likes me to introduce someone else who might potential steal his affection away.
Couldn't you find some sort of sleeping partner!:happy:

If I had read this a few months ago I would have thought 'where is the problem?' :bounce: I have shared several of my Horses without incident.

However, I have a young girl come down to help me now and lovely as she is, and I really don't have a problem 'sharing my horses' with her, BUT, I find it really difficult if she refers to them as 'naughty' lol.

They are both young and far from naughty, but sometimes, and to be fair she
is learning, she gets her communication wrong and they don't do as she
asks and she then says they are 'naughty'

IT REALLY WINDS ME UP, lol, and it 'winds me up' that 'it winds me up' if
you get my drift, she is only young, bit like my Horses, lol.

So maybe looking from a different viewpoint to how I would have looked
at it a few months ago, YES, I understand how you feel:smile:

I am learning to count to THIRTY:giggle:

Thanks guys I now feel less stupid :D

I'm sure Rosie won't love me any less, it's just an odd sort of feeling I'm getting! I'm sure it'll pass, the sharer sounds really lovely on the phone.
I shared myself up until earlier this year and even though I feel me and the horse built up a bond, when the owner was around it was obvious who he loved more!

newrider.com