Ales setup.

MrA

Feb 8, 2012
Just in case anyone is wondering how his field is looking, I'm sure you all are really! received_10159475252055156.jpeg

This is the section he is on currently, very lucky with my oak tree as it produces a very poor batch of acorns, about 5 this year!!

This is the rested section which I'm gradually grazing him onto

received_10159475251965156.jpeg

The hedges die back over winter but it's still very sheltered as there are banks of earth under there!

And this is the front section the which I have just started to rest, hopefully I can save this bit until the new year and with any luck still have a good few weeks for it to grow!

received_10159475255620156.jpeg

Now wasn't that fun :)

Looking good, it looks so dry. You are lucky about your oak tree as I have one and it produces tons of acorns I have to close of that area completely in the Autumn. You have plenty of grazing to rotate and play about with to make it work all year round :)

You see only a horse person would be interested in looking at grass photos.
It's lovely and flat. That tree had itchy bum written on it, does he use it. I know you can buy scratching posts by I find ours locate wood themselves.

The only thing I would do is make sure the tape is tight.

Its such a nice field, and the bit you have rested and are grazing on to is perfect really as it means as winter gets worse he will have that lovely corner of hedges to shelter in :) and all that shade in the summer is lovely.

newrider.com