Albion K2 GP saddle

I had a K2 GP. I was a comfy saddle and a lot of people really rate them. I reckon that mine was slightly asymmetrical though - it felt a bit lopsided sometimes to ride in, and it didn't want to sit square on the saddle horse. I had it restuffed to see if that solved the problem but my mare got quite sore when she was wearing it, so I sold it on. For this reason I wouldn't buy another Albion. There are other people on here who have dismembered them and are better qualified to comment on their build quality/innards than me!

I haven't found the perfect saddle yet :rolleyes:

My mare is med-wide with a big wither, I currently ride her mostly in a Saddle Company event saddle. It suits her well and I find it comfy, it's adjustable so it can grow as she does. I think the most important thing about the saddle is the person that fits it though - you can have the world's greatest saddle but if it doesn't fit your horse, it's a waste of money. I tried a Kieffer on her recently which was lovely but was completely the wrong shape for her, then I tried a 'cheap and nasty' 2nd hand Thorowgood synthetic which sat really well on her, so I bought it - cost me £75 instead of about £700 ;)

My advice would be to find a saddler that people you trust are prepared to recommend, then go to them for advice about what saddle would fit your horse best :)

newrider.com