Ahem, I jumped! *with pics*

Laura_107

Oct 15, 2010
Edinburgh
I have been having flatwork lesson with my instructor for a while. Last time she progressed us to poles, but K had just had 2 weeks off, so he was enthusiastic! Yesterday he was a chilled out little boy, so it was D-day...or J-day!

My wonderful instructor describes jumping as flatwork with speedbumps, it's all about riding with direction, making sure you are accurate and straightness, posture and allowing you horse to to his job. She wants you straight, off their back and allowing with your hands early so they can find their balance. We did not too badly for our first jumping lesson! I was a saint and I didn't die of a heart attack when she put jumps up...progress!

Here are some pics

And here are the out-takes!

Very nearly took the instructor out!

And our punishment for almost taking our instructor out...she took my saddle off me! Ha ha! Luckily she didn't think it would be fair on poor Kev to make me jump bareback!

Kev was a saint and we both enjoyed every second of it! I still have the hyper buzz you get from a great lesson & nobody will be wiping the smile off my face any time soon! Best birthday present ever!!!

He is a lovely boy and you look good together. I like the bareback shot! What is he like to trot bareback?

Well, he has pretty high withers, so I've avoided any bareback work for the whole year I've had him! But once forced on board, it wasn't that bad! Once I had him working correctly and nice and round over his back he was actually extremely comfy. He has a lovely smooth trot that is beautiful to sit to, so that helped too!

Oh how I love that feeling. I was like it last weekend after my fun ride. It gives you a real buzz for days after.

Happy belated birthday! Glad you had a good lesson, Kev looks like he's trying really hard. Also very jealous of the bareback pics!

Great pics, are you in trot or canter?
We were in trot in the bareback pics. The jumps were done at canter but taking him back down to trot or walk in between jumps. He has a tendency to rush.

Don't be jealous of the bareback pics, it wasn't my choice! Ha ha! He has a very smooth trot thankfully, otherwise I'm sure I would have bounced off the side! I like bareback though, it really highlights your balance, plus it's warm and comfy on your bum! Hehe!

newrider.com