After that awful accident I found this

Doodle92

Apr 6, 2021

I have ordered 5 meters of 15cm wide. It was just under £25. There are lots of different coloured but I went for hi viz yellow. Anything to make my trailer more noticeable.

Sadly I think it doesn’t matter what you do, there are always going to be idiots out there who don’t look, don’t think, don’t care about anyone but themselves and don’t read the road well.
But I guess making yourself more visible will hopefully get you seen earlier, so anything we can do as individuals to help ourselves is better than doing nothing.

Reactions: PePo and carthorse
Anything that I can do I’ll do. If it means shelling out £25 I’m happy to do it. Even if all it does is reduce the anxiety I feel towing. Driving over the accident site with the trailer on Friday was terrifying.

Reflective tape works brilliantly on the back of trailers, it should really be red though as you legally can’t have white (yellow shows up white when lights go on it) showing to the rear of a vehicle.
I would also have one or two triangles in the vehicle, if they are looking at their phone they would at least look up/react when they hit that and hopefully avoid the trailer ahead.

Oh no 😟. I did wonder that out couldn’t find any info on it. I’ll try and return and replace with red. Thanks for letting me know though.

Reactions: Jessey
Interesting update.

I have a friend who is a police officer. I asked her. She didn’t know the answer but did some digging. So yes it has to be red at the back. But actually it is illegal on trailers (and cars) and it actually is only allowed on the hgv type trailers rather than horse trailers as the limit is over 3.5tonne.

So great shout. Thanks for letting me know @Jessey

newrider.com