Advent Calenders

dancing lucy

May 23, 2008
stalybridge
My 3 all had their first treat from their advent calenders this morning had to move them then cos Snoopy would have eaten the whole calender if we left in his stable

I used to love them as a child so decided this year to get one for myself and one for my parents :)
I searched around looking for traditional ones with beautiful pictures. I got a woodland elven scene for me and a real old fashioned victorian santa sleigh for parents. They are 76 and 77 and were over the moon to have their own after all these years. I told them they had to play nicely and share :yellowcarded: (getting my own back after all the years :mstickle:
I have to say it was lovely opening my own this morning. It took me back to the excitement of window opening each morning before school, remembering whose turn it was (there were 5 of us) and the joy when it was my turn :happy: Lovely, warm happy memories :biggrin:

We had a good deed calendar - we made it with previous years cards and each day we had to do the job on the card. Goodwill season and all - bought a chocolate one first year I moved out of home and then novelty wore off!

I have a Mr.Men one as it was cheap and i wanted one lol and the kids have one each - 12yr old daughter and 9yr old son have malteasers ones, 6yr old son has Mr Men, 5yr old daughter Disney Princess and 3yr old son Cars one's.

I was surprised how much advent calenders have gone up in price though. Some in some shops were £5 or more each :ninja:

I paid between £1 and £2 for ours

newrider.com