Acquiring new equine friends excuses

she's pretty
If I dont get her someone else will
I also have a companion for my companion because original companion goes ape when we go out and leave here :giggle:

I've only ever had Joy, and then Little Un.

Joy was my hubby's idea. I wouldn't have had the guts to even think of getting my first pony if it weren't for him.

Little Un was easier. I was fed up of having to share fields with either inconsiderate muppets, or the best field mates ever on for them to move their horses away. Ultimately I wanted stability for Joy. It wasn't fair that shed pal up with her fieldmates and then they'd be taken away from her. Getting Littles was win win for me, Joy and Him.

I've just retired my other one
My other one will be old when this one can be ridden
It's a good dooer so won't eat much
It's only small

:giggle:

Ooh... lemme think....

"I LOVE her" (Cherry)
"I've never had a youngster to start before...." (Indy)
"He's a Mini-me of Chez!" (Ludo)
"He's going to the sales in two days and will go for meat!" (Roo)
"He's GAWJUS!" (Albi)
"I had a mad moment...." (William)
"He's misunderstood" (Jack)
"I've always wanted a Comtois" (Arthur)
"She's SO pretty... and I get a BOGOF - AND she's just down the road!!" (Sweetpea)
"He's what I NEED" (Joey)

Already had Rhia.
Holly- I need a companion for Rhia, it will be cheaper to get a Shetland and have our own place and you might enjoy driving. :wub:

Albert- I didn't really need an excuse. OH was a bit naive and suggested himself we went to look at him. He has always had a softspot for Albert.

Freja- Was going to pay for herself by my god daughter having her on loan. :wub: and would be suitable for a therapy horse for my not for profit business.

Last night I showed OH the arena eventing I had been watching. I said I would love to get back to competing (but none of mine are really suitable), OH said it would be fun for me to do that. I said maybe when Albert grows up he will fit the role. OH laughed and said that was unlikely. (Alberts character he is more likely to be a safe sensible plod at 4 than a competitive speed horse at 6/8) so I said "I might have to get another then" to which OH said "I see what you did there you tricked me, no that isn't a reason to get another horse" :devil: I think I may need to work on my game plan harder!

Although to be fair, he does agree to and understand that my "business plans" although not for profit- includes a provision of 8 horses so we are only half way there. It isn't about the money because I pay personally for the horses but he does have to look after them when I can't. (which has been a lot recently due to illness).

Well ................ I expect it would probably be cheaper for me to get a small low maintenance pony as company to keep at home with Tobes than drive the 10 miles to my yard every day in my gas guzzling 4 x 4.

So, I think you are excused!!!!

Umm my usual is looking after two is just as easy as 1...looking after 3 is just as easy as looking after 2....I have stopped using that excuse when it comes to a fourth as I already know it will cost me more time than I let on!

hehe what little minx's we are :giggle:

Finnley - First pony...must have him

Perry - Finn needs a friend & it was nearly my 21st Birthday

Brandy - OH 'needed' a horse and Finn wanted another friend :giggle:

Buffy - 'Needed' a jumping pony to give me some jumping confidence and it was near my 22nd Birthday

Buddy - He was for my OH's 21st birthday....plus he was cute....? :redcarded:

I need something small and quiet to get back into riding (lacey)
He will die if i don't take him (leo, free emaciated yearling)
She would lovely to show (Tifa, she also had a screw loose as well as being pretty!)
I need something a bit bigger (PJ, on loan)
But she belongs to a friend and i am looking after her :timebomb: (blatant lie!) Piccolo
But he's lovely and cheap and it can't be nice at the dealers - Harvey
The kids need a safe and dependable first pony - Ellie

Little Welsh pony mare, 7yrs old 11-12hh BOGOF for next year unhandled of the welsh commons. - still trying to work out the correct argument but at the moment my mind is going - it will take my mind off Ellie, she could be Harveys companion while ellie is on box rest, she NEEDS me.

Show OH advert, he says can you afford it, i say yes and job done! lol

Normally have a few days of not speaking to him because he likes to point out the cons and be sensible but i usually win. :biggrin:

Even if I wanted more there is no way I could afford it so for me it's just not an option - so far that's been enough to stick with just the one!

Definately can't afford another one and we won't be replacing the older one when he goes. The money we 'save' after the older one goes will go straight into our daughters savings account. But when buying mine it was 'I want to ride too and I don't want the bike ....what do you think ?'

Brought him 3 months later. It's been great in that whenever we've moved they have had company and keep together, when it was just them in their own field, when taken out by themselves they call the once and just graze near the gate waiting for the other one's return. Now as they are in a heard, they'll both come if we call but won't really care if one goes off for a ride as they still have pals in the field.

we seem to keep going down companion route just lately -

We got Tess when the girls where young - we had already got a pony for my eldest and Tess was on loan and then purchased for the youngest, eldest's pony died and she took on Tess - she then purchased Josh and we only had the two for a while - I purchased Acorn as "a project - something for me to show" a year later we lost Josh and then we had a problem as Tess was stressy and once she retired she wouldn't stay happily on her own when we took acorn out, along came Charlie (swap for an old horse box )from a work colleague - that was fine he was a yearling and was a great companion for Tess - especialy as then we had the lammi with Acorn and it allowed T & C to stay out 24/7 - then we had a year of either Acorn or Charlie could go out but not both due to stressy Tess, so this year took the plunge and got Nuts as a companion for Tess, trouble is we now have Acorn and Nuts going out together as Charlie has not been able to show this year - lucky trailer only holds 2 - so whatever happens next year we will always have one left with Tess as a companion - daughter joked we will have to get a lorry again that way we can take all 3 - oh yeah - that would mean yes another companion for Tess - so think that is just not going to happen - yet!

Look darling it keeps me out of your hair and now that i have stopped smoking it wont cost anymore.

newrider.com