Absolutely worried sick :(

Native Lover

Native Pony Fan
Jul 13, 2009
Lincolnshire,wheres the hills?
stores.shop.ebay.co.uk
Eva pulled up lame today in a ridden class. the judge said to put her on bute for a few days to see if she was any better...... so gutted now.... and praying its nothing serious..... she is my favourite pony..... I know you shouldnt have favourites but she is such a special girl.

I have no idea what she has done.. no heat or swelling just very lame and short striding on her back leg :(

Healing vibes but I'd be wary of just giving bute as without a vets blessing it could mask something and make it worse if the horse does not feel the pain.

If she's that short on that leg I'd be getting the vet out. Hopefully it's nothing serious but like Wally said it's the vet's job to be handing bute out, not a show judge. Healiing vibes coming your way.

Erm, it's not the judge's place to be suggesting courses of veterinary drugs :(

This was my immediate thought too. Presumably you checked the obvious that she hadn't picked up a stone? If she is, as you say, very lame then I'd want the vet out. I certainly wouldn't bute as it'll make the lameness harder to assess, plus if you turn her out on bute she may do more damage.

I hope she's not done anything major.

Reactions: lauren123
newrider.com