Absolutely Marvellous!!

marsden

Odin Is Worth The Wait
Dec 20, 2003
Scotland
Well thats Odin been here for nearly two months now maybe a bit over. He has just settled in so well and he has really put the fun back into horses. My confidence has grown and we are even back jumping now. Just this week, I or should I say we popped the poly jump full wing, which certainly isn't me :eek:.

We went up to our RI on Saturday and both boys were fantastic! We have been using this RI for a while now and been going up there regularly since we have Odin. Really can't recommend her enough, takes the time to listen to you and really helps you along the way. Voltan has just came on leaps and bounds and its lovely to see Nookster out doing stuff with him now. My parents came up and camcordered the lesson but having real problems getting the video stills from the camcorder onto the pc. :rolleyes:

Today we went out a hack. The boys were absolutely fantastic yet again, really made us proud. They are both 6 years old and to be fair haven't seen alot but took most things in their stride this morning. Voltan however doesn't like trees that have been cut down or huge logs?!?! Quite happily walks past anything else whereas Odin on the other hand, will quite happily walk past sheep/cows unless they look at him. Moment they look at him he grows to 18hh+ and just coils up! :p However they past a few cars and one very scary jogger with no hassle

Odin really has just settled the whole place down and it was nice today, to see Odin leading the way for Voltan past scary logs but then Voltan returned the favour and gave him a helping hand past the sheep and cows! Sure most of you know its been a long struggle to get to where both Nookster and I are today, been through alot of horses to get Odin. However I would go through it all again, if I knew I would get Odin at the end of it.

Here's the pictures from today:
Odin ready to go:
Photo312.jpg

Odin and I up the hill
Photo0152.jpg

Nookster on her baby
Photo313.jpg

Voltan leading us down the hill
Photo315.jpg

thanks BBE, hopefully we can take you up on your offer to ride around the farm soon and of course meet Rock :D

well done, I'm really pleased you are sorted and happy with odin and voltan, they are both gorgeous boys. Your journey has made a lot of us think how hard it is finding the perfect horse and no matter how much you try them, vet them etc you never really know what you have bought until they are home with you

Gorgeous photos...he suits pink

'Loving it' just doesn't describe how i feel!

Had such a crap beginning to the year with saddles and companions for vol and just general poop. Now the storm has cleared!

Lessons are fab and just so beneficial, put a lot of voltans progress down to these. Instructor has been worth her wait in gold. Her experience is just something to be jealous of haha!

Hack – to go over a couple miles both on the back of our boys with no real hassles is just phenomenal. Didn’t pick the greatest day for it either with the amount of surface water, wind and threatening black clouds.

God knows vols fascination with logs lol yet will take 3 big hairy cows on? My excuse not to do x country – the logs will eat him :D Nah just another little thing to add to the list of getting him used too.

Very proud of both boys

Glad everything is going well for you now!

You're brave going out for a hack in this unpredictable weather!:eek::)

You're brave going out for a hack in this unpredictable weather!:eek::)

Nah just stupid :eek: This certain route has been calling us for ages and we said time and time again we would go but never did as its past a dodgy S bend and a dairy farm. We said no excuses and did it. But did say what the hell when we first went out with the wind. Sure Marsden loved my singing to settle voltan down haha

Some skanky wierdos nicked her whip! Dropped it near the cows by accident went back later and it was gone?!? Whats the world coming to :rolleyes::eek:

Great update (and pics!) - glad to hear everything is going so well.:)

Nookster, I like the look of that blouson...:cool:

super to hear that you are so happy with Odin :) He sounds a star, and is certainly very handsome:D Great feeling isnt it:D;)

Looking forward to lots more updates and PICS!

ETA - we watched Beowulf last night (hubbys choice!) and i did think of you as they keep saying 'Praise Odin' :)

That's great news, well done to all of you, I'm so glad he has settled in so well and you are finally happy! Sounds like a great hack too, bit like the one I went on this afternoon, Spike wouldn't go first down the road with pretty quiet traffic but happily lead the way over the big bridge over the very busy motorway and past the cows and lake!

Ah so thats what you were doing this morning. Sorry i missed it. First hacking pictures iv seen of you 2. Looking good. :D Volten was looking pretty with his mane all plaited up. I forget how big your two are! Im used to my midget 15hh.

Ah so thats what you were doing this morning. Sorry i missed it. First hacking pictures iv seen of you 2. Looking good. :D Volten was looking pretty with his mane all plaited up. I forget how big your two are! Im used to my midget 15hh.

Sorry missed u this morn :) i got into a ritual of loose plaits when we go our lesson - god knows why lol

Photos i got of marsden at lesson when i finished up are these - not that exciting as at the end of the lesson.

School massive - this was zoomed in :eek:
Dscf6879.jpg

Dscf6887.jpg

Dscf6888.jpg

Dscf6889.jpg

My lovely coat that marsden got me for my up coming birthday. I got it early as with the rain down falls we have been having she saw my other coat doesn't work the other night when i was wet right through to my bra lol :eek: :D- gorgeous ain't it (coat not my bra) - chuffed!

Dscf6895.jpg

Last edited:
newrider.com