Absolutely furious now.

Trixie

Aug 22, 2004
Scotland
Visit site
:banghead: Vet wants horses moved ASAP. Vet has microchipped and posted passport app for Storm today, but until I get the passport I can't move him and that could take a couple of weeks. So, I'm now trying to have it declared exceptional circumstances by the SSPCA and govt animal health chap. Transporters not willing to even quote without passport in my sticky litte mitt.

What sticks in my craw is that for 3 years she has transported my 3 horses all over Scotland and 2 didn't have passports and NONE beonged to her, without any problem, but as soon as I try to recover them I'm hitting all sorts of issues. I'm bloody hopping mad!:banghead::stomp::stomp::stomp:

The nice lady at the Environmental office at the council gave us a letter granting movement without a passport, took about an hour from the phone call requesting it to get it in our mitt. Go and phone them, they are the authority who police passports.

Naughty BUT - do you have a 'friend' who would collect them for you rather than a transporter ?

Daren't ask a friend to just "help" as the passport chappie has already warned me not to move Storm. Chappie's office also says hesthe only one who can deal with it. Checked with Holyrood and it can count as exceptional circumstances because welfare is involved in the reason for travel and the SSPCA chappie has promised to back me on this and I'm sure the vet will too. If I have that, I have a friend who can take them to Skye, but I'm doing nowt until I have a piece of paper saying that no-one will be fined £5000 per horse for travelling during passport application process.

"Helpful" hubby, who knows nothing about horses has now told me that they don't need a passport if they're not going abroad so I'm worrying about nothing. I almost brained him with the new frying pan he'd just walked in with. One day he'll give me a bit of credit for knowing a few things he doesn't.

newrider.com