Absolutely devastated :'(

Libbigail

May 16, 2008
Don't think I've ever cried so much in my life.
I have learnt today that my first ever part loan pony, has been advertsied on full loan beind my back. Someone came down to view her today whilst I was on the yard, unaware of what was going on.

The owner had completely abandoned the horse and never came down to see it. I went on holiday for 2 weeks and she didn't come to see her once, she just relied on the sympathy of other people to throw hay over the door and pour some water in her bucket.

She even offered me the hrose on full loan which I said I would consider after seeing some price plans and documents, which she promised to bring down. But never got round to ACTUALY coming to see us.

Her mum was telling the viewer how the hrose is 'always in rosettes and wins every competition'. Even though the horse has only ever been taken to 2 shows (both with me) and was placed highest 4th our of 6. She also went on to compliment how well I suit the horse and how well she goes for me, comfusing since she's taking her off me for no reason.

I'm just totally gutted that my first ever loan had to end like this. With the stupid owners only interested in what costs them least time and money.

Worst of all I can't get anything else on loan as my parents wont drive me there and that yard was the only yard on the bus route :( :(
So looks like back to a riding school for a 1hour a week lesson.
I'm just at the stage where I feel ilke giving up :'(

Sorry for the long rant
x

Have you asked the owner if you can take her on full loan?

Oh hun that is horrible, sending big hugs x Is there any way you could contact the owner and try and get the full loan? If it was my horse i'd rather it went to someone i knew and trusted, which you have been as you part loaned. But then again, if you did get the horse on full loan, whats to stop them from selling it behind your back. Some people just amaze me x x

Thank youuu x

I know I really would love to have her on full loan and plans were in motion for it to happen. But I don't think there's any chance my parents would agree to it now knowing what the owners are like :(

I wish I could, my parents just about agreed to full loan her lol.
On the upside, if I ever do get anything on loan again, at least the owner can't be any worse than this one.

Oh poor you! Your situation sounds horrible, I hope you feel better :)
It is especially bad as this is your first part-loan, hopefully it hasn't put you off!
Won't having the pony put on full loan help the owners with less time and money?
Good Luck sorting this out x

I'm so sorry to hear you're in this awful situation. As has been suggested, is there any possibility of you having this horse on full loan with a view to buy? As it does sound like the owners did offer you the full loan first and they should honour that rather than sneak behind your back. Otherwise, I'm so sorry you've been treated so badly and I hope that one day you'll find another horse that will be lucky enough to have you caring for them. Wishing you all the best.

Sorry you've had a rough time with your first loan pony. I'm glad its not put you off loaning again as there are some good people out there. All the horses I've loaned have had great owners

oh thats relly sad - sorry to hear it - first loan ponys are really special evn tho you don't really own them they are like yous and you really care bout them

A similar sort of thing happened to me years ago. I was riding a 5 year old for a man, bringing him on slowly, doing a little bit of jumping, dressage, hacking, schooling etc. He was a brilliant little horse, and he and I were really suited. I also spent a lot of time with his daughter (who was a spoilt brat), preparing her and her ponies for the show ring. Well, this bloke arrived at my house one day and told me the horse had been sold.... just like that. I didn't even know he was for sale, never mind the fact that he never offered me first refusal. I was totally gutted at the time but there was nothing I could do, the horse had already gone.

If I were you, try pushing this owner into seeing the docs etc. with your parents. She clearly can't be bothered with the pony so if you can make her see that by you having it on full loan, it's a lot less hassle for her all round because she already knows you etc. Plus, your parents know this is a safe pony for you as well, for their peace of mind. I would give one last big effort to get it sorted and if it doesn't pay off, it wasn't meant to be. BUT... if that's the case, do NOT give up. My granny used to have a saying "If it's for you, it won't go past you". Good luck:)

i know its devestating but if the owners are like that then you cant trust them and its better (but not easier sadly) to leave it and walk away :(

:D :D :D :D :D
Absolutely great fab amazing news!!
My parents are looking into buying me the horse to share with my brother!! :D
And they said if this doesn't work out for whatever reason we can look for something else to buy :)

I'm over the moon that they're about it! And don't worry, I'm not going to walk up to the first pony i see and go 'I want that one' haha.
Everything's sorted and a free stable has come up on the yard. So in the mean time I'm going to try and get lots and lots of lessons at a riding school in :D :D :D

Maybe this whole thing was a nudge in the right direction
x

Why would she beg you to stay, when she advertised for someone else to come and look after the pony, that you were part loaning!
I think this was a nudge, and move on. But also, if you're not ready to buy or something then you could go back to her.
Good Luck with everything x

newrider.com