Absolutely bobbed myself Friday night...

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
Did anybody else have a storm Friday night (well, early hours of Saturday morning really?). OH and I were staying in our new caravan, didn't have any pre-warning (perhaps as well) but about 3.30am I woke to hear all the pheasants squawking and flying about outside, usually they only do that if there has been gun-fire or a low-flying heli nearby. The temperature soared and then about half an hour later there was the most horrendous thunder and lightning. I don't mind admitting it, I was very scared:skull::mask: We jumped out of bed in the end, threw our jods and fleeces on and made a run for it to the stables (not far, but it seemed like an eternity in the dark between rumbles and flashes). I just didn't feel safe in the caravan, thought we'd be better in the tack room. Anyway, the horses were awake, Joe was peering out avidly over his box (brave boy) but Storm was running about in circles. I just had to be near them, I felt safer somehow?:unsure: I thought "well, if this is it, I'll be with the horses in the end". Silly to hear in the light of day I know. Fed them both a polo each and hoped for the best. It took ages to pass, was shattered Saturday. You could tell when it had gone the temp went right back down. Horrid horrid weather.
Anybody else have the same?

Well we didnt hear it but when we went out on Sunday we saw another local farmer and he said he was up with thunder and lightening etc last night, big storm he said... we thought he must have been on the sherry but maybe not....:tongue:

Hehehehe nat, wish I'd beenon the sherry, might have slept through the darn thing then!!! I tried burying my head under the pillows but it didn't work........

shockblue - somebody else mentioned thursday night, but I didn't hear it then - I was tucked up in the house properly (you hear a lot more in the caravan lol!)

There are a lot of people in the NW who heard the really loud thunder and apparently v bright lightening around at 4am ... I didn't wake up LOL. Must have been a bit hairy in the caravan though I don't blame you for going to the stables!

Yep, about the same time as you Trewsers and I sh*t myself! I am absoloutley bloody terrified of thunder & lightening. At one point the thunder & lightening was at the same time and the power went off, I was convinced the barn had been struck.:eek:

I was hiding with my head under the pillow and my eyes tightly shut.:ninja:

I tried to hide under the pillows but it was still too scary and being in a caravan you could really hear the rain bombing down too!

newrider.com