A wee vid of Mr C jumping

MaisieMoo

Oct 19, 2007
Decided to do some more freeschooling with Mr C tonight and he was doing so well that I decided to film some of it! Started off with some trotting/canter pole, then some small cross poles before putting up the 2ft and 2'9 straights.

Not great quality but it's very difficult to film and control your horse at the same time:p

Any comment/critique is most welcome - he'd never really jumped before I got him and sometimes his jump is fab and other times as you can see from the end of the video its a bit of a mess:rolleyes:

I also noticed that he was really tired after the session which lasted about half an hour - it seems that all that hacking we've been doing (mainly in walk) has done wonder for his weight and muscles but has resulted in him losing fitness and stamina so that's the next thing to work on.:)

how lush is Mrs C ? answer: very ;) lovely jumpies and i love the pep talk you give her :D great vid b.bear :p

MR C
hehehe!!

awh i almost forgot you were scoooooootish
until the "dont you dare"
i love the way you say
CASSSSSSPERRRRRRR
hahaha
he has a really nice jump on him
seems he got tired towards the end
id love to see some of you jumping him :D:D:D:D

xxx

Erm, maybe one day - we only do small jumpies just now - about 60 cm but he jumps the small ones pretty big nearly throwing me out of the saddle!:eek:

bless
me too
i only jump once a month
if that :)
im concentrating on his flat work
ones thats upto scratch
i'll start to add grid work
x

He does exactly what my cob does! Flies over a few times without touching them, then starts thinking its easy, looses impulsion, trots up to them, and knocks them flying. :rolleyes:If they are 2ft9 he might clear them easier if you ask him to canter at the corner before the jump. My horse does :D

Last edited:
He does exactly what my cob does! Flies over a few times without touching them, then starts thinking its easy, looses impulsion, trots up to them, and knocks them flying. :rolleyes:If they are 2ft9 he might clear them easier if you ask him to canter at the corner before the jump. My horse does :D

LOL - I think that's his problem - and he's actually worse when you school him over smaller jumps - it's like he thinks is sooo easy and sooo boring that why should he bother!:D

LOL - I think that's his problem - and he's actually worse when you school him over smaller jumps - it's like he thinks is sooo easy and sooo boring that why should he bother!:D

cobs are just so clever lke that arent they - if its not a challenge then you get the teenager 'cant be bovvered' attitude:rolleyes:

he's looking lovely BB:D

aw i love mr c!!! love the "dont you dare bit"!!!! i always cringe when i hear my self with my lovely scottish accent on vids so i just dont video myself very often!!!

aw i love mr c!!! love the "dont you dare bit"!!!! i always cringe when i hear my self with my lovely scottish accent on vids so i just dont video myself very often!!!

I know - I'm slightly mortified at the recording of me growling at him but hey he turned and jumped it again - obviously the smaller jump that I'd intended him to go over wasn't nearly as challenging enough!:p

newrider.com