A step closer to putting to

Jessey

Dec 20, 2004
Suffolk, UK
I decided today was the day for hank to meet his cart (I feel she needs a name, any ideas?) so rather than upset jess taking him out to the top paddock I figured I'd just play in the field, they come trotting round the corner and hank doesn't hesitate and come right over, jess slammed the brakes on, snorts and does tentative laps :rolleyes:

I harnessed hank and we did a few laps long lining with jess still tearing round, snorting and trying to call him to the other end of the field :rolleyes: Then popped his tyre on and dragged that a bit (which sent jess further into orbit) and after dropping the tyre I picked up the shaft in one hand, with Hank in the other and we did a couple of laps like that, he looked over his shoulder but wasn't vaguely phased by the cart following him. Then to finish I backed him into the shafts, just to see what he thought, which in typical hank stylee was where's the treats :D I bumped them on his sides gently too and he didn't care, it looks like it will be the perfect size for him, though my traces are at least a foot too long at the moment, good job I have a harness maker/saddler friend who lives inthe next village :) I won't put too properly until after the clocks have changed, I don't want to start then be inconsistent because of lack of daylight so I'm biding my time.
No action pics as I was alone and jess was giving me enough to think about, but here's some from after
IMG_20160207_103753.JPG IMG_20160207_103739.JPG IMG_20160207_103657.JPG

Hank is adorable , look at him over at the cart, the curiosity over comes any fear...although the look on Jess's face says it all :D

Reactions: Jessey
He really is such a cool dude :D nothing much phases him, you wouldn't believe that not quite 3 years ago he was a wild unhandled colt who came out of the stable on 2 legs biting at the person leading him, I can't wait for his rescuer to see how great he's doing, she was amazed when we showed him in hand, being driven will make them very pleased he has a purpose and is spoild rotten :)

Reactions: orbvalley
Excellent! I think the training (I hate the work breaking!) is as much fun as the driving :)

Reactions: Jessey
newrider.com