A lot of spammers trying to get in tonight..

Post adverts - lots of them :frown: Often in foreign language, and they often repeat the same one several times, tagging onto peoples threads.. they have no respect either, for example, posting adverts on the end of people's posts in Rainbow bridge (I go on a Guinea Pig forum, and it's been really bad... here's an example.. imagine this repeated about 7 times in one thread..
remove-page-spammer-1.jpg

I have noticed a couple of those strange user names - random letters and numbers - is that what they are?

I think quite possible, they tend not to give readable usernames, the reason we haven't seen them post, is they don't want to pay the subs :wink: They'd have to be quite desperate..

You get that on you tube i have noticed.

My website now has approval posts set up so those comments don't auto get added. Its stopped them even bothering.

I have noticed a lot of mixed numbers and letters - got to be spam bots - nobody real would choose such a mix unless they have a photographic memory!

I think it just serves to show how spoilt we are on this forum with a nice environment. I've recently joined a running forum and there are heaps of weird adverts and posts on there - often in foreign language or weirdly worded. Most do tend to ignore, but still being a bit new to it all, I find myself reading and re reading thinking eh?!

Thank goodness for subs. It would be a right pain having that lot on here.

I see them on FB it gets on my nerves. I think you can block them through the privacy settings. Mine is ok (son is a computer wiz) but I see them coming up on other peoples.

newrider.com