A Long Road Ahead

Ooooh, just been catching up on this thread. You didn't tell me you had started jumping! Well done you, it sounds like you are (litereally) coming along in leaps and bounds!

Just thought I'd say hi on here again - not that this is the most interesting thread!!

Had my lesson last week and I was subjected to the whole lesson of 30 minutes without any stirrups! :eek:

In this I did walk, trot and some serpentines and then some circles working in and then working out again. I also even managed some canters as well (was pretty nervous trying to do that!!!), and at the end of the lesson did 3 little jumps, which I really though i was going to be eating sand! Did some Serpentines and then some circles working in and then working out again.

At the end of the lesson my RI said i rode better with out stirrups - is there anything i can take away from this when hopefully my stirrups will return this week??

My new years resolution was to post a bit more on here and be a bit more chatty - but i've not done so i'll try and start a little bit now!

Just thought i'd post a couple of photos of me doing some teeny weeny jumps lol but they were my first out of the riding school on my own so i thought it wasn't too bad, but even a grass hopper could of made it over these ones!! Any comments about position is fine as still very much learning!!

Attachments

• DSC02762.jpg
    DSC02762.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 15
  • DSC02767.jpg
    DSC02767.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 16
  • DSC02770.jpg
    DSC02770.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 15
I got teased lots for going riding when I was at school (it was one of the school sport options) but that all stopped when I pointed out that while the other lads were doing more 'macho' soprts surrouonded by other lads, I was the only lad surrounded by 7-10 girls including the ones all the boys fancied :)

well you are doing better than me, lol, I HATE Jumping and its when my
confidence is at its lowest ebb, usually because I know I am gonna end
up sat on the floor at some point:bounce:

Great to see you joining NR and having a fabulous time learning x

newrider.com