A little update

Snowyboy

Jun 6, 2007
Sunny South Wales
Littley had a go at working hunter class yesterday - she's only done one before and was last in the class :) So this time, we had no expectations and just wanted her to get the experience (it was a training show)

She jumped clear - even tho the pony wasn't so sure he wanted to!

Fence 3 was down before she started - th back pole of the spread was on the floor and had rolled back - eeekkkkk But she drove him forward and he cleared it - phew

A "friend" then tried to get the judge to call it as 4 faults! And threw her toys out the pram when they refused to give my daughter 4 faults as it wasn't her fault the jump was down!!!!

Then they went back in for the show, and she managed group canter (she's been riding just over 2 years and has just turned 8 in the last few weeks) and then attempted gallop in her individual show (I am not 100% sure if she managed it but he was shifting at least)

There were 12 in class - don't think there were any more? Several were regulars on the County circuit so we really weren't sure she'd get a rosette tbh but OMG - she got FIRST!!!!!!!!!!!!

SO proud

The "friend" got 6th, was having the normal hissy fit that is always had at competitions, a stranger who is unaware that this is normal behaviour for this kid took pity on her and gave her the 3rd she'd won - not only did they take it - they hung it in their truck to return to the yard! Today - its still there!!!!!!!

I am much amused by that! I can't imagine letting my child pretend she won a rosette she didn't!!!!

Anyway, we did dressage today and it was OK bearing in mind we'd learnt the wrong tests and only this week realised she was doing Prelim 4 not 7 and worse - on Firday night, when I looked for her times for Sunday, did I realise we had the wrong Walk Trot (today - found out were weren't the only ones!!! Several others did the wrong one - luckily we realised)

Friday we had a go - new movements she'd never done before - and she couldn't get on till 5pm after a full week at school

So, full days showing Saturday and then at 4pm, have second practise of the dressage - with movements she's only learnt the day before!!!

Not expecting much at all - as in - please don't get eliminated :p She managed a 3rd and 4th with mainly 6's some 7's and couple of 5's - so all in all - very proud and happy!

Team went from my yard to the dressage and it was fab - we had a wonderful time and just had such a laugh - and everyone pulled together and all went home with a rosette of some kind - one lass won the class as well :D

Wednesday gone, she went jumping and came home with 2 x 2nds and a 6th (she was against BSJA kids in that class - so dead proud of her to even get a rosette)

Very very very proud of her at mo -she's working so hard and pony is a ickle star :D

i love your threads, i always think your little girl is so amazing. I would be pleased if i was haldf the rider she is:eek:
Well done to her. Shes going to go very far i reckon.

Well done to your daughter, i hope my daughter has that much confidence in her riding at that age! :)

I have got some piccies - but I've not downloaded them off the camera yet as I need to do them on a different pc to my laptop

Mind - I can't have another weekedn that busy!

We managed to fit in Pony Club Knots Badge (she passed - but her Daddy was running it so he made she she KNEW her knots LOL - can you imagine if she'd failed!!!)

Wanna hear something funny - she FAILED her E test with her Pony Club - she took it 4 or 5 months ago now and we've never been told she passed, even though we've been to several rally's since and an open evening - so she must have failed it :eek: Her RI (who is a RS instructor and teaches 2 Pony Club's) says on Riding side she should be working on her C test but she has some D+ non-riding stuff she doesn't know and some of the C test info is too hard for her at her tender age

Hmmmmmm, LOL - its only a piece of felt at the end of the day - and if a proper judge can say to her that she is a really really good rider then what care we - but I do find it very very funny :p

newrider.com