a little update on from depression thread...

eventerbabe

Dec 16, 2004
Well after a rough four weeks (almost!) i think i might be turning the corner. A very good friend (who happens to be a guy and single!) said that it sounded like Mr Work was after a chase and i wasn't giving him that. So i've just shut off all contact. I can't be bothered speaking to him. I've spent most of the first four weeks of my hols sobbing my little heart out and i cannot do it any more! I was making myself very ill and it wasn't good.

Last weekend he told me to eff off and sent the worst email i've ever read in terms of abusiveness and language. I'm an educated girl, i do not deserve such treatment and i think it says a lot about him.

Anyway i feel quite empowered after my photo shoot! Who knew i'd end up in a pair of frilly knickers and nothing but a string of necklaces covering my boobs! Yes, i went for it. The whole burlesque angle. Started in a vintage dress, then my vintage underwear set, then nothing but frilly knickers and a few burlesque fans :p oh and the obligatory burlesque corset :) it was an amazing experience and i'm so glad i did it. My friend i took with me was a wonderful cheerleader despite me flashing a boob at her when my beads got tangled up! whoops! anyway i won't get to see the pictures until i come back from holidays in two weeks time but so looking forward to it! However i do have a picture of my hair and make up. Loved having that done and took away so many tips. And i feel a whole lot better about myself. I don't need a man to validate my existance. Over the last few weeks two of my friends have proved to be stars and if i have two wonderful friends like that then i'll be ok :)

sorry for odd angle of picture but you get the idea!!

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 36
oooh you look fab! Loving the eyelashes!

I know on your dating thread I said to follow your heart with Mr Work but you sound well shot of him! He's got a lot of growing up to do!

Glad you're feeling better, Mr Right will come along at the right time xx

I loved the eyelashes too. Felt very odd at first as they obscured my vision a bit but i will definately be wearing them again! :)

Oh i fully expect him to crawl back. He's already made signs of that. He doesn't know what he wants. But i'm not making myself ill over it anymore. I do still want him but can't keep tearing myself apart over it.

Thanks hun :) i hope he will xxxx

Good for you, stuff Mr Work, let him rot lol.

You look very vamp in the picture, I love the full red lips:smile:

I am so pleased you are cheering up:dance: go girl, life is to short to worry about idiots lol:smile:

i'm not so sure i'm cheering up. Just being realistic. If he's not ready/doesn't want a relationship then there is nothing i can do about that. And it's a waste of my energy getting all upset about it. What will be will be!!

i'm not so sure i'm cheering up. Just being realistic. If he's not ready/doesn't want a relationship then there is nothing i can do about that. And it's a waste of my energy getting all upset about it. What will be will be!!

You are right, bide your time, do what I said before. Us women have to be devious. Be happy doing something else, if he is right he will come around. No point moping, I know its easy to say and I do feel for you. You are young and pretty, Mr right will come along:smile:

Go you mrs glam!!! Knickers in big doses to him!!!

te he he!! i was talking to him today and his eyes were out on stalks when i said i'd got my kit off :p If there are enough nice photos i'm getting an album done as it really was a great experience!

doctors today....

Well. I went and spoke to my doctor today. She doesn't think i'm depressed. Well not to the point of requiring medication. And she thinks i'm pulling myself out of it on my own. She is going to refer me to a counselling service as she feels that would really help me kick my moods and i insisted that i wanted to do something about it before things got worse.

She also put my mind at ease as regards my worry of having children. I am terrified that it won't happen for me as i get older and older. And i'm worried being on the pill might have done some harm. But she reassured me and told me that for this day and age i was still very young to be having children! so a bit of a sigh of relief there :)

Well. I went and spoke to my doctor today. She doesn't think i'm depressed. Well not to the point of requiring medication. And she thinks i'm pulling myself out of it on my own. She is going to refer me to a counselling service as she feels that would really help me kick my moods and i insisted that i wanted to do something about it before things got worse.

She also put my mind at ease as regards my worry of having children. I am terrified that it won't happen for me as i get older and older. And i'm worried being on the pill might have done some harm. But she reassured me and told me that for this day and age i was still very young to be having children! so a bit of a sigh of relief there :)

Well thats good news isn't it? And I agree with your doctor too - you are really young for kids still - (not that I am saying young people shouldn't have them!!!) just that I think it is great these days that it is safe and okay for women to have children up to being 40ish. So I think you have plenty of time!!!

newrider.com