A little bit of xc schooling

pepsimaxrock

Sep 29, 2004
Visit site
Took Max - and his best mate SB out xc schooling. Finally got some confidence up, but promptly lost it when we got there. SB's rider was a star but I am not posting pics of her as she is only 12. Here's some of me making rather less of a fool of myself than in some of the other pics we took.

Attachments

• IMG_3992.jpg
    IMG_3992.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_4003.jpg
    IMG_4003.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_4006.jpg
    IMG_4006.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_4017.jpg
    IMG_4017.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_4034.jpg
    IMG_4034.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 41
Looking good!

Your leg position seems to be in the perfect place. I am slightly obsessed by leg position over jumps at the moment as I am trying to improve mine.:biggrin:

They look like nice jumps. and you don't look nervous.

Your boy is lovely.

Looks like you had a great day, the pics are great but I particulary love the last one!

I didnt realise Max was a coloured. I was expecting to see a dark bay/black cob... funny how I got that picture in my head :redface:

He is a lovely boy :angel::biggrin:

Hi CMP thanks for that, and yes Max is really quite red along with his white. And its my fave pic too - where the position sort of starts to come together.

And thanks too for the comment about my lower leg position - I had never thought about it, but i suppose it does look ok - thats so kind of you Tiga, it makes up a little for my despondence about my inability to SIT in the SADDLE!!

Oh thanks Sparklie and happy birthday.

Max does have a lovely jump, I just need to get it right so he can use it properly. He will willingly jump up to about a metre as long as I just put the leg on and say go at the right point, and get my weight back so i am not on his shoulders!

We were at West Moor Farm, at Longhorsley in Northumberland. I see you are local too...
you weren't at Holmside the other night were you? there was a group from Hartlepool there...

It was possibly a group from my yard, they often pop up to Holmside jumping.

I'm always on the look out for nice local venues to start Buzz's jumping training off. The jumps there look lovely...a nice variety of sizes which is good!!

I struggle jumping Buzz too. I'm used to riding a pony with short strides and Buzz is so long, I forget to tell him to take off sometimes, I always think that there's room for another stride when there really isn't :redface:

Yes Warren Farm (at Wolviston) is close by and has a few smaller cross country jumps. I may have to start pestering people with horseboxes to see if they'll take me places :smile:

newrider.com