A Little Bird Just Told Me..

Little Dolphins

Nov 8, 2005
... I've passed my thousandth post(try saying that ten times quickly:p )

The Little Bird in question has trebled my score in approx the same time heh heh W'jit :D

While I'm at it, I'll just mention this: you know the gales we had on Monday? The sleet, the hailstorm- that kinda thing ?

I rode HQ in that, I did.

In the school, it was nearly dark too, and someone had left scary stripey jumps out, and I trotted, and I didn't come off, and I sat a spook on the way home to the stable, and and and.... boy, do I ache today, but it's BRILLIANT.

I rode HQ in that, I did.

In the school, it was nearly dark too, and someone had left scary stripey jumps out, and I trotted, and I didn't come off, and I sat a spook on the way home to the stable, and and and.... boy, do I ache today, but it's BRILLIANT.

well done X a billion

:D you desreve to feel brilliant you do :D

Congratulations on your 1000th post (did your computer break into a fanfair or something when you pressed the submit reply button?) I need to know to prepare myself cos I'm heading for my 1000th myself soon :)

Well done for riding on Monday, I totally wimped out because the wind was just SO horrendous :eek:

Hi all- had to get on and go with it on Monday, as it was all set up; Auntie was prepared to get on and school her for a bit in that awful weather, my soldier son, on leave, had come down to the yard and he's never seen me aboard HQ... so...:rolleyes:

I even did a jokey coming down the centre line and salute:D

We went for a beer afterwards to celebrate and I was well happy!!!
(Should've gone straight home for a hot bath really, cos now my poor old bones are paying for it... fifty-oneth b'day coming up and it gets no easier...).

I expect this will be a one step forward, two steps back kinda process, which is why I thought about it before posting, if you get my drift...

:)

I expect this will be a one step forward, two steps back kinda process, which is why I thought about it before posting, if you get my drift...

:)

You still did it though...and as long as we get there in the end does it really matter how long it takes there..it's still a wonderful achievement be proud!

As for the aches..Radox muscle soak, a cuppa tea, packet of plain choccie digestives and a hot water bottle on the sore bit!

lol
FR

Know what you mean about the bones- my fifty-oneth on the horizon to. Well done.

Heeh hee- and that was your fifty-oneth post, M'mac! Weird or what?!

OOh, FR, guess what I've got hidden at the back of the cupboard(away from OH) and you just reminded me? Green and Blacks dark choc bics- ever tried them? Biscuit Heaven. Might just go and fill a bath and gorge on a couple or nine- that's all you get in a pack!

Hi LD - well done you!

Know what you mean - my fifty-mmph is looming - but tell you what, the more you do it the better it gets. I only ache now if I've had a lay-off (like when I missed a couple of weeks cos I was skiing, and afterwards I found the odd twinge-ette!)

So it's simple really - just stay in the saddle and you won't ache! why don't we all do that?:D

SF

Its clearly one of those years. My fifty big zero is ramping up the speed and approaching fast.;) Funny, I hated being forty, but as fifty gets nearer (June), I find I couldn't care less.

Like Selle Francais, I find the more I do the less stiff I get. The other thing which really helps is to stretch the muscles afterwards. I asked my then fitness trainer for some exercises before I went riding for the entire weekend in Norfolk last year. She gave me some stretching exercises to do as soon as I got off. I did them pretty religiously and was hardly stiff at all. Could work for you until you're back into it again LD.

CRx

Thanks for the tips, Caz; think I was just soooo cold and wet through that I forgot to stretch- just headed straight for the pub where there was s'posed to be a log fire- but there wasn't:rolleyes: Then everyone needed feeding when we got home so I just started cooking the dins in me damp joddies.
I'm still achy. Next time, I'll take more care;)

Ooh, you've got a BIg BIRthday coming up!

You know, like you, 40 was scary, but 50 is celebratory I reckon. I mean, half a century and you are still going strong (ish) and what an achievement!!

I'm very surprised, but I'm enjoying being the age I am, give or take the odd creak and groan.

Yay, Go Fifty Girls and Boys! (shakes pompoms and leaps in the air gently)!

newrider.com