A How Much Weight Could It Carry...

SavingGrace

Jun 27, 2007
Somewhere over the rainbow...
Its not the horse in the picture by the way something similar build and height (14.3hh)

How much weight do you think it would carry?

20060717110120.jpg

It looks similar in size to my 15h HW cob.

I weight 10 stone and Casper carries me easily so I'd say about 14 stone possibly more?

Well my 14hh 3 welsh cob has less bone and carries my 14st + weight easilly despite being a very unfit so we keep it short :eek:

I read somewhere that a horse can carry an average of 20% of its own weight. Thats to include tack so a 500kg horse could carry 100kg which is about (fast check on google!!) 15stone and 10 pounds!

Hope this helps (and remember to include the weight of the saddle) - just realised I am well (fairly well - okay to be honest, just) within the limit for Arnold - happy happy days!!:D

Something like that could carry 15-16st easily BUT only if you could fit an 18" saddle to it. Some horses like that can only take a 17" saddle, and 16st sitting in a small saddle puts a huge amount of pressure under the panels.

That particular horse looks like could do with loosing 100kg of fat before it could carry a heavy rider:eek: - it's carry about 10st of it's own blubber at present:eek:

As to the original question - 16 stone providing you can fit an 18" saddle on him and they are balanced.

Regarding the blog this refers too .....

Sorry to hijack the OPs thread, but SkippysMum: Your blog is hilarious!!!!!

I think we are living parrallel lives!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Lisa

It deserves it's own post me thinks:D

I've got a heavyweight cob, quite similar to the horse in the picture, however my guy is abit trimmer. Most I would put on him is 16stone

newrider.com