A diet relapse..........

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
Bad me. I have done really well all over Christmas but today I found a large box of chocolate biscuits at the back of the cupboard. I am silly because I should have ignored them. I also have kidded myself into believing that eating four of them with a brew just now is okay because for luncheon I had a baked potato with a small piece of cheese. It's not is it?! Sighs. My only justification is that OH and I have just spent the past hour cajoling and wrestling with Chloe so we could remove the fresh scabs and apply the steroid cream as per vets instructions. She was not keen and so it required quite an agile person (OH ) to weave and dodge in and out of her legs whilst quickly scrubbing with hibi and sponging off. Oh dear. Anyways, do you think if I hoover upstairs I will wear the chocolate effects off?! Lol. Why do I buy into this diet caper? I know the answer and they are upstairs. My beautiful new Christmas present jodhs in the size I USED to wear. They fit. But they won't if I carry on.
Just needed to share and off load. Sorry.:yellowcarded:

I don't think 4 chocolate biscuits will do much harm. Its to cold for diets imo.

Get yourself out for a good walk tomorrow that will fix it:smile:

Thanks Tina, that's a good idea, I will encourage OH to come too, he needs a break from staring at the computer me thinks (he is busy entering the accounts). I think a walk will do us both good.:smile:

4 biscuits isn't enough to derail you. Carry on regardless xx

Oh and I binned about £40 worth of cheese after Christmas, knowing full well if I didn't then I'd eat it, and not in a controlled way.

I'd rather things went to waste in the waste bin, then went to waste on my waist. I don't regret binning the cheese but I'd have sure as hell regretted it going on my waist!

People working inside in the base stations in the Antarctic need about 3000 calories a day to keep warm, applying that to our current weather I reckon you can probably have an extra biscuit...

Manhandling sledges down there 6500 calories, hmmm I wonder how that applies to this morning.. I put a bale of shavings and hay into a barrow and turned for the stables, the wheel had frozen in place and I couldnt see the flattened route in the dark so kept going through fresh deep snow... I felt like I had done a 30 minute work out by the time I got the 250m to the stables... :bounce:

People working inside in the base stations in the Antarctic need about 3000 calories a day to keep warm, applying that to our current weather I reckon you can probably have an extra biscuit...

Manhandling sledges down there 6500 calories, hmmm I wonder how that applies to this morning.. I put a bale of shavings and hay into a barrow and turned for the stables, the wheel had frozen in place and I couldnt see the flattened route in the dark so kept going through fresh deep snow... I felt like I had done a 30 minute work out by the time I got the 250m to the stables... :bounce:

You can definitely indulge, I am sure that used LOTS of calories!!!!

Lol love the expression "hoovering up" in relation to eating, tickles me when people say their horses hoover up the hay.........hehehehee

4 biccies isn't too bad, Mrs T.

I went out for a meal last night with neighbours, having been finally able to escape from the snow bound house. I ordered sheeps' cheese & cherry tomato tart (which turned out to a hulking great slice of quiche, not a dainty tartlet. It did have salad with it. And chips. And marmalade sponge. And custard.

So you are not as undone as I am.

Hey ho. Tomorrow is another day. Onwards and downwards. Don't be put off.

Its not what you eat when you falter that will unstick you, its what you eat AFTER you fall that does.

Unfortunately I had a proper full on binge on Sunday. Difference is, what happened on Sunday, stayed on Sunday and didn't bleed into other days.

Hmmm me to, I stopped at the bakery on the way home from work today and then was just about to buy three items I really didn't need. Stopped the cashier from putting them all in the bag and walked out without buying anything as I suddenly thought 'Don't need these !' then continued on the drive home feeling very cross with myself.

newrider.com