A busy few weeks! neighs & baaas !

CharliesAngel

Jan 15, 2010
I’ve not been on much as we’ve been so busy lately. I’m managing to ride 3 times a week and as Ive said before that time is being devoted to Brook (newly backed Highland). Im really pleased though as someone came forward looking to ride! I trailered both my girls to a local indoor and we had a play about together. She got on great so I was chuffed to bits to finally get both ponies out together for a hack at the weekend!! It was Brook’s first hack out in company and the furthest she has been and she was a star! She was lovely and forward going, I’m so excited about her:) She was still spooky at shadows and changes in the tarmac when we were on the road but it helped so much having Briea there. We even went over a level crossing - Briea had to be led over but I stayed on board and Brook followed :D

brookbriea_zpsla63oofs.jpg

brookbrieahack_zpsdk1d5mih.jpg

I still have a deep feeling of guilt about Briea not getting my attention , she is such a lovely pony and other than a couple of spooks she was push button when we were out.

In other news we were out at our last couple of shows with the shetlands and had a great time with some good results. Not least that miniCA did his first young handlers class with his mini and was 3rd. Sniff sniff, so proud. He took it very seriously too, there were 8 or 9 in the class and all at least double his age and size bless.

Annnddd...... expanding the wee farm here, I went to the rare breed sales on my own (6 hours away eeurgh) and had the very exciting experience of bidding for and securing these gorgeous Kerry Hill Sheep!! I’ve always loved the breed and we want to return this place to being a small farm. I managed to get just enough for a nice wee starter flock and Im a little in love with them!!
kerryhills_zpsoqmaj8ae.jpg

thanks all.i do feel better that the pressure is off a bit. My GP was on the phone this morn to say the bug i have is STILL hanging about and Ive to go in and see them.. its now resistant to the last lot of antibiotics i was on. Im a bit fed up as Im sure thats only because they didnt leave me on them long enough. Theyve said rest yadder yadder... this has been months now and Im kind of just ‘living’ with it!

newrider.com