A brilliant days hunting with Charlie! *Pics*

Sunshine-x

Jul 31, 2008
Saturday I took our 4 rising 5 year old Charlie hunting. It was a big meet down the south end of our hunt country and we had 5 out. So I plaited up at half 6 bleurgh and had everyone on the lorry for 9am. An hour and a halfs drive to the meet and we all got on board.
We jumped a nice rail as the first fence of the day and my friend R got a nice tumble the far side when his horse took off bucking! So once his horse was caught we carried on down to the first hedge. Charlie had never jumped a hedge before so I was going to go for the little side but J told me in no uncertain terms to kick on and jump the big bit! So did as I was told, cantered on and we made it to the other side in one piece, albeit having brushed through the top foot! After that Charlie got the hang of it and we were pinging hedges!
There was a serious amount of jumping to do and Charlie was great! Half way through the day we clanged a rail into a field so the next fence Charlie leapt massive, he wasn't going to bang his legs again!! Jumped another hedge and completely dropped my knitting, Charlie carried on like a good boy though!
A who had Archie on hire wanted to go home around 2pm when his kids pony lost a shoe so me and M hacked back to the lorry with him, got Archie sorted and then went off to try and rejoin the field. We got a bit lost as I got given rubbish directions as to where everyone was, and we ended up on one of the fields where they have a sponsered ride!! So we had a pop round the tyres and timber and eventually jumped a ditch into the next field. We followed the bridleway down and ended up going through a river crossing before we got onto the road to find a few couple of hounds and eventually the huntsman.
Once back with the field we drew another couple of covers before hacking home through the river again and then down through another. I went down with Charlie, banked in fine and just about figured where to put our feet to get out :)
Back at the boxes we threw everyone on and set off for a long drive home knackered! I had a grand day, Charlie is a lovely wee horse, I really like him! Was a proper jumping and galloping day and he really did me proud! :)

I have a couple of pics that J took of me at the meet and through the day.

4.jpg

1-2.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

And the pro pics

Having a glass of port!
http://evespics.co.uk/2012/Kimbewick Hunt Brockhurst shool 1.12.12/HTML/img_3254.htm

Jumping a bit of a hedge!
http://evespics.co.uk/2012/Kimbewick Hunt Brockhurst shool 1.12.12/HTML/img_3286.htm

Messy legs over a tiger trap!
http://evespics.co.uk/2012/Kimbewick Hunt Brockhurst shool 1.12.12/HTML/img_3351.htm

Wow! I'm worn out just reading that!
Fantastic!
Charlie is gorgeous.
I love your terminology 'jumping a bit of a hedge' you look to me like you and Charlie are flying.
Wee jell! If only I was 40 years younger.......

What a little smartie pants! And you don't look half bad yourself :wink:

Gosh, in another life, I would be you, galloping and jumping everything in sight *sigh*

How fab. Loved my mornings cubbing with Tobes - if only I worked part time or not at all, I would become completely addicted!!!!

Not a huge field with you?

Horses as always look lovely, as do you.

I love your threads sunshine! I really do admire you! :biggrin:

BTW Where on earth do you find all these fabulous horses!!??? :giggle:

Thanks all, he's a lovely lad!

Omg what superb pics and isn't Charlie classy looking! How much would he sell for?

I'm going to advertise him soon, think I'll probably put him at £4500 or so. Worth every penny, proper quality horse!

How fab. Loved my mornings cubbing with Tobes - if only I worked part time or not at all, I would become completely addicted!!!!

Not a huge field with you?

Horses as always look lovely, as do you.

There was only about 40 or 50 out as was quite a way from most people and people are poncy with mud :yellowcarded: I only get to go weekends whilst at uni, so make the most of xmas hols!

I love your threads sunshine! I really do admire you! :biggrin:

BTW Where on earth do you find all these fabulous horses!!??? :giggle:

We went on a horse shopping trip back in Sept and bought him in Co Galway :) Have to look hard to find the good ones though! We went for 5 days, looked at 300+ horses and came home with 4! Charlie and Duchess from Galway, Bella from Wexford and Archie from Kilkenny! We did a lot of travelling about, started in Dublin, visited horses in Kildare, Meath, Offaly, Westmeath, Laois, Roscommon, Galway, Clare, Limerick, Tipperary, Kilkenny, Waterford, Wexford and Carlow! So the majority of Ireland really!

He's lovely! Cracking photo's Sunshine.

I always love seeing your threads, your horses are right up my street.....if I lived closer you would have a definite customer this year!

newrider.com