A beautiful day but definitely chillier

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
:cool:
Started off with frost. Temp in caravan just 6 - not that cold but considering it has been around 12 in a morning I could feel the difference. The girls looked fluffed up too and more than ready for their breakfast. I have dug my woolly hat out and I can see me wearing gloves by weekend if this keeps up. Anyone else noticed a definite sharpness today?

Definitely cold on our walkies this morning, no frost though. Can't wait for the first frost so all the flipping mozzies go away!!

Meant to be 18 degrees again on Friday! Weather can't make its mind up

Last edited:
No frost here sadly, but chilly and overcast and then the drizzle set in, I didn't ride as planned but am off work until Monday so i will ride tomorrow.

Sadly it's because my car is being mot'd so probably an expensive long weekend but doing a pleasure ride Sunday so excited about that :D

Reactions: Trewsers
Weather is bonkers here. Woke up to 13.5 degrees in the van and now its drizzling. Walking on forever weather my mum used to call it! Mild and weirdly okay. Am going into the pootling ring (school) shortly.

image.jpg Last night the electric packed up and we ran out of gas so ended cooking our evening meal outside on our camping stove. All very exciting - apart from needing two duvets as it was cold later on!
Even my cloth rabbit / lucky mascot was cold! Hahahaa. Thankfully we had our extension cable which we could plug into the stable sockets (which weirdly still worked) but then I got worried in case the girls tripped up over it. Storm was indifferent to it (she normally thinks cables are snakes that will eat her legs).

It's warm here, walking to work this morning at 7.30am had to take my coat off! Grass is shooting up good and proper, last week I had switched our heating on, now it's all off again. Bonkers weather

It's warm here, walking to work this morning at 7.30am had to take my coat off! Grass is shooting up good and proper, last week I had switched our heating on, now it's all off again. Bonkers weather

I know tis most odd. Today woken up to 18 degrees inside the caravan.

Most folk use these. http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Images/Products/size_3/HETH451.JPG

But we have fully insulated rooms in the aviary we can shut off from the open fronted part, and have two similar to these, so the whole room stays above freezing. They are better than the bar ones as there is a thermostat in them. http://www.cef.co.uk/assets/images/medium/58537.jpg?1348425995

The pair of them had both had a bath this morning when I went in and were sat above their heaters, little dripping wet balls of feathers

Reactions: Trewsers
newrider.com