7 weeks since getting Rosko *pics*

Mr Ed

Mar 1, 2009
Thought I'd post a little update. I last posted the week after we had collected him... he'd done his first dressage test and had experienced his first arena eventing (getting 2nd place out of 17 and through to the championships :inlove:)

Over the last few weeks I have just had a few lessons and hacked out a little.. getting to know him and build my confidence. However, my daughter has been on board a little more frequently (losing my pony :help:) and has been having a few lessons/clinics. She took him to her first SJ competition a few weeks ago... she wasn't placed, but got him around well, apart from the last jump falling over just as she approached, resulting in a big spook and a tumble :banghead: But, here's a pic of them looking all smart:

404239_10150559002136997_533346996_9273090_1154419344_n.jpg

Last weekend Eleanor attempted her first-ever W&T dressage test (Rosko's second). She was the only junior in a class of 8 and achieved a 4th place with just over 58%.. She now has the bug :tongue: Again, looking all polished... just before the test

427619_10150582098916997_533346996_9348948_891180860_n.jpg

She's taking him to simulated XC clinic this weekend and the following weekend small SJ comp again (only 65 cm at this stage). However, she has jumped him very easily over a single metre pole :frown:

He's such a good boy :inlove::smile:

What a lovely looking chap he is :inlove:. Really pleased that it seems to be working out so far with Rosko. I hope you & your daughter continue to have more good times with him :)

He is beautiful - but do you think you might have to find another one for yourself? Can't say I blame your daughter though - I would pinch him too!:biggrin:

Thanks all for the lovely comments...

Cortrasna, I do feel as she's gaining confidence that my riding opportunities are less and less frequent :yellowcarded: However, I'm happy to take it slowly and get used to him... I'll have my times, when she's in the middle of exams or discovers boys!!

newrider.com