5 years and still growing

Wally

Apr 16, 2000
As you may know Tór was walked last year in straight lines. That's all we did, I got him , unhandled from Iceland, backed him and we spent last summer gently walking him, showing him the sights and sounds,

I gave him the winter off and come January was convinced he'd grown again. IN Feb I put shoes back on and introduced him to the manége. I long reined him yesterday and I swear he's grown again! :eek:

SPoke to his breeder last night and she told me that is a special trait of Flippi (his father) His foal keep growing until they are 6-7. At this rate he'll have turned into a Fresian.

One of the best bits of babies is watching them develop :) in jess's 5th year we had 5 or 6 different saddles (western so can't adjust flocking) as she changed so much, she didn't grow up alot (was 14.2 @ 18 months and finished at 15.1) but changed shape loads.

I have seen them advertised as 15hh, but I don;t believe a word of it. If he's 14hh that'll be just about all he is

He's only 4 in that photo. Just been walked in straight lines, that was the first day he trotted in an arena

He is going to be very impressive as he matures Wally. He looks amazing there with so much power in that hind end.

Someone at my yard had Icelandics. Tor looks looks longer legged. I would say he's taller and finer boned. There's were 13 to 14hh.
If a horse isnt bum high will they still grow taller. I'm looking forward to seeing if mine grows. He's 4 on his passport. But vet thinks he might be 5. He just looks level to me but dippy in the middle and lacking muscle.

Someone at my yard had Icelandics. Tor looks looks longer legged. I would say he's taller and finer boned. There's were 13 to 14hh.
If a horse isnt bum high will they still grow taller. I'm looking forward to seeing if mine grows. He's 4 on his passport. But vet thinks he might be 5. He just looks level to me but dippy in the middle and lacking muscle.
Tór is very much the modern competition horse shape, the old fshioned farm horse is what I am used to. Fákur ised ot be our biggest strongest Icelandic, he was the chap who used to take the big men. But Tór ius towering over Fákir, height wise, but Fákur is chunkier, Old man now so not taking heavy weights any more.

newrider.com