4th bareback lesson

laura jeanne

Jan 7, 2004
USA
Visit site
I love these lessons. I can tell I am getting better each time. Last night I had a good 10 minutes (out of 20) of beautiful, relaxed sitting trot (jog) and lots of praise from my RI who asked me, "Wasn't that the closest thing to heaven?"

Partly that I can stay on and also that I got the horse to relax and go nicely considering that my lesson is tacked on to the last one of the night and the horse isn't quite in the mood! So walk and sitting trot is a good opportunity to practice moving with the horse and stitting correctly and practice having a good contact, etc. Plus, just riding an extra time per week and no hassle with tack. :)

So glad you are enjoying it and finding it relaxing. Just what you needed? Feeling the horse moving under you and forget all that stuff about correctness and keeping your heels down?
Wannabee - it isnt that it is better for women than with a saddle. It is different. You are sitting on fur, with flesh and bone under you. You can feel the vertebrae and see the central line where the hair parts on the coat. The movement of each leg is easier to feel. So it is easy to move along with it. And keep balance.

Nice to have you posting Laura jeanne. I had wondered where you were. But will you get a pic to post? I thought that was the rule for the bareback club?

Skib, I keep forgetting my camera. OH should be coming to my regular lesson this week to take some pictures I hope, and next bareback lesson, I will try to get my RI to take a picture and/or a video (which I will be useless at putting up here).

newrider.com