2015..... Tracking Miles (or hours in the saddle) add your photos aswell

I love hacking but this laudable scheme should not push people to hack, nor to neglect horses that cant hack. For instance some yards have no schools and lots of hacking (where I shared and may share again) whereas other have schools and horses that need schooling in them.

Since when has having fun included pushing people.
Its about giving everyone the chance to join in if they want to or not.
Neglect is such a harsh word, I didn't read this and think I must get my lame horse out hacking and aim for twenty miles next week so we might win.
I spent 18 months encouraging her to hack so going out Inhand to see how she is today is almost as priceless as the very time she got brave. Every mike we do is great because I know where we came from to get here.

Reactions: Kite_Rider
I think there are schemes out there for schooling type things, like interdressage. But if people want to i dont see why there couldnt be a schooling category?

Last edited:
I think there are schemes out there for schooling type things, like interdressage. But if people want to i dont see why there could be a schooling category?

There are online showing , real life showing...online dressage real life dressage..... what there isn't is a reward or rosettes and hours/miles for hacking/ trail riding :( that's where this idea came from to encourage people to ride more with a reward at the end of the year.

Can we keep this simple or it wont work.

Last edited:
Its going to be ridden or inhand ... and you can measure in hours or miles which ever suits you . So people get ready too start adding up your miles or hours

I suggest you have

0 miles/ 0 hours ..... on your posts on this thread and add to it so people can see at a glance how many miles/hours you have done :D

Good luck to everybody who takes up the challenge only 51 weeks till New Year lol

I think it's a great idea. My only problem will be remembering to record times/miles. I'll try to get into the habit of starting Endomondo every time get on board.

I'm also encouraged to learn how many of you haven't ridden yet in 2015. I won't be riding for a bit following the physio's visit today. That's a point actually - do you record per rider or per horse?

I think it's a great idea. My only problem will be remembering to record times/miles. I'll try to get into the habit of starting Endomondo every time get on board.

I'm also encouraged to learn how many of you haven't ridden yet in 2015. I won't be riding for a bit following the physio's visit today. That's a point actually - do you record per rider or per horse?

I have got to learn how to do Endomondo yet this might take me awhile lol

Just join when you are both fit and well again :D

newrider.com