2015- our first competitive season!

Lottie86

Aug 6, 2012
North Aberdeenshire
2015 is a very big year for both Magic and I, it's our first competitive endurance season! He's finishing his winter break in a couple of weeks and then the training starts up again ready for the first ride of the season at the end of March.
I'm very nervous but really looking forward to the year.

Reactions: Kite_Rider and Ale

Lottie86

Aug 6, 2012
North Aberdeenshire
Had a bit of a set back as Magic was a nightmare the last time I hacked him and we had horrific napping and during my last flatwork lesson he was fine to start with and after a while he started napping.
Had the physio out on Friday and he's got a sore back under the saddle area so he's having some treatment for that and I'm waiting for the saddle fitter to return my messages as I want to get her out ASAP to fit his new saddle (same as the old one but the newer version has gullets so won't stretch like the old one did)
Hopefully we'll get everything sorted soon so he can go off for a few weeks schooling livery and then start training again as we've got a pleasure ride of just under 30km at the end of March all being well.

Bodshi

Apr 23, 2009
Yorkshire
Had a bit of a set back as Magic was a nightmare the last time I hacked him and we had horrific napping and during my last flatwork lesson he was fine to start with and after a while he started napping.
Had the physio out on Friday and he's got a sore back under the saddle area so he's having some treatment for that and I'm waiting for the saddle fitter to return my messages as I want to get her out ASAP to fit his new saddle (same as the old one but the newer version has gullets so won't stretch like the old one did)
Hopefully we'll get everything sorted soon so he can go off for a few weeks schooling livery and then start training again as we've got a pleasure ride of just under 30km at the end of March all being well.

You and me both Lottie86. Hope Magic gets better school. That's quite a long ride you're planning!

I was hoping to keep Raf fit by hunting over winter, but as he's out of action that plan has completely gone to pot. I don't know how long it will be before I can ride, as I also have to get saddle sorted, but am waiting until his back is better as I'm going for a completely different saddle and I obviously want him to be sound when he tries it. Not sure how long it takes from ordering to receiving new saddles, but I'm guessing not a few days lol.

There's always something! Never mind, as long as we get there in the end.

Reactions: Lottie86

Lottie86

Aug 6, 2012
North Aberdeenshire
There is a short pleasure ride of just over 20km at the ride too so I could do that one if he's not looking like he's up to the just under 30km long pleasure. It will be interesting this year to see how far I have to ride for him to calm down and the edge to be taken off him, he did a 25km hilly ride at a fast speed last year after only being back in work for a few months after over a year off and he was not happy about having to stop. The further he goes the happier he is :)