1st time Bridesmaid!!

cobmum

Sep 13, 2009
Middlewich
My best friend has just got engaged and will be geting married this September :eek: (her mum sadly had a brain tumor so wedding needs to be done before she gets too poorly)

I have never been a bridesmaid before. There will be 4 of us wearing dark cadburys purple. The wedding is in France which just sounds amazing :D

So what are Bridesmaid duties?? Her sister is Maid of honour but hasnt a clue either!!

My best friend has just got engaged and will be geting married this September :eek: (her mum sadly had a brain tumor so wedding needs to be done before she gets too poorly)

I have never been a bridesmaid before. There will be 4 of us wearing dark cadburys purple. The wedding is in France which just sounds amazing :D

So what are Bridesmaid duties?? Her sister is Maid of honour but hasnt a clue either!!

keep the bride calm lol:D

Aswell as all the normal offering help in preparation, taking her bouquet and fetching and carrying, one of the most honourable positions to be in is standing in a toilet cubicle in the hotel holding up the brides dress while she pees. Nice!

Maid of Honours job = Best Man hahahaha

Their supposed to have a night of passion and fall in love or something... I think LOL

Otherwise to kick her along up the aisle telling her it is the right thing when shes saying shes not sure :p

I was an 'unofficial' bridesmaid at my friend's wedding and ended up frantically sponging the dress down as it had brushed up against the car while posing for pics and had black stuff all down it!! And yup, holding up the dress while she pees, and us bridesmaids ended up drinking a fair bit and singing karaoke lol.

Keep the bride chilled and to wear a silly dress to make the bride look good :)

Check out the film "27 dresses" if you want some advice on how to be a good bridesmaid! But try not to be a bridesmaid 27 times.

Been a bridesmaid only once when I was 16, and mainly involved keeping the little flower girls and small bridesmaids under control!

I have been a bridesmaid 5 times!
Assisting with toilet duties is a must and a calming influence helps too! Cigarettes and lighter hid somewhere in the dress is helpful too!

I have never done the duty in France but i know that they go on until 6/7 in the morning when you all eat onion soup!

He he! Thats mad, I just got told last night that I'm going to be a bridesmaid for the first timw too! I have one distinct disadvantage, it's in June and I'm gonna be piggin 6 months pregnant! How unfair is that?! I'm not keen on the toilet help thing, infact I'm completely traumatised by the thought! (even thought I've been for a pee in a pub a million times with said bride, slept in the same bed and most interestingly peed my pants when I was 8 up at the yard got my boot stuck and she made me pee myself with laughter!!!)

X

newrider.com