1st show help needed on wear???

Kobey

Spring is here!! yipeee.x
Feb 23, 2009
South west scotland
:confused:Iam doin my 1st show on my chestnut exracer on sunday!!!!:eek:

Tack and Turnout, Ridden Horse, not sure how he will do he has a one bigger tendon on the front from a injury as a 2yr old, but it has never caused him any problems work wise.

He has a nice brown hunter style bridle and a old brown synthetic saddle with a brown girth and black numnah, he is ridden in a rubber straight bar gag.

He hates anything with a joint in it and metal of any sort.

Iam wearing beige jods, long leather boots and a brown tweed jacket, and white shirt not sure what colour tie i should wear tho??

Please can you tell if all of the above is correct for showing, if not help!!!!:confused:

Iam excited but very scared also!!!.xx

Attachments

• 052.jpg
    052.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 22
a gag is not correct for the show ring, with the tie i would go for red, beige jods, the boots and jacket are fine.

seeing you are showing in brown, it would be better if you had brown numnah though, apart from that i think you are fine :)

go with a brown numnah much more correct.
and wear a cream shirt - white is not 'correct' but dont worry too much if you can't
any chance you can have a snaffle even if it is rubber?
possibly red tie with cream spots?
jacket and boots sound good, technically jodhs should be canary or off yellow but beige will be absolutely fine.

remember if it is only little just have fun :)

I will ride him in the snaffle may not have the best of breaks tho!!!

And i will get a cream shirt, i have 2 red ties on with navy spots and one with cream spots i thot they looked awful with my tweed jacket when i tyed them on!! It is a light beige and brown jacket???x

erm do you have pictures?
otherwise perhaps a yellow tie with or without spots if it is light.
if you dont plan to show much then you can wear white shirt but if its gonna be frequent go with cream.
did you have a brown numnah?

hmm well in that case why dont you just wear the white shirt and use black numnah and a tie you already have. you wont get marked down hardly at all for what you have described. and then if you like it go buy the proper stuff :)

newrider.com