1st comp tomorrow

jodiana

Feb 15, 2012
So, I've entered into a beginners show jumping comp tomorrow I'm full of mixed emotions at the minute.trying not to think about falling off in front of loads of people hope I remember the course

Reactions: Native Lover
Good luck, it'll be fun I promise!

Walk the course more than once - I always walk it twice, and a third time if I can squeeze it in! - and then close your eyes and go over it again in your head a couple of times. I am no good at visualisation so just sort of trace it in the air with my finger, but some people can close their eyes and actually picture themselves riding round! Remember to look up as you walk the course, not at the ground, and walk the exact track you intend to ride... don't cut corners just so you have less far to walk ;) But if it's a class for beginners I doubt the course will be too tricky to remember, they won't want to scare people off!

And don't worry about falling off in front of other riders, I really doubt it will happen but I promise nobody will judge you if you do! We have all hit the deck at least once, we know what it's like ;)

Reactions: Cortrasna
I am one of those picture myself riding people.
Walking doesn't always help me, I take a photo of the course. :)

Best of luck, I have my second comp today although its dressage, I would never be brave
enough to jump! Bet you will have a great time :)

Brilliant! I bet that is such a boost - there will be no stopping you today.

Also just to say, the parcel got here today - and your help is so welcome, I have had a bad day today with horrific cruelty and animal abuse details with some of the rescues I deal with. I can never be a front line helper, but I will do my utmost with your help and other peoples help to do what I can to help those front line rescuers to make a difference. Thanks so much and good luck for a good few more 1sts.;)

well done - its onwards and upwards now then :)
I can never be a front line helper, but I will do my utmost with your help and other peoples help to do what I can to help those front line rescuers to make a difference.
-
that's fantastic - clearly you are someone who cares greatly

Well done! I was going to offer you encouraging words but you obviously didn't need them! :D Well done! :D

newrider.com