100km (62 miles) night time cycle round London!

annareeves0

Dec 18, 2007
Bournemouth, Dorset
Im having a mid life crisis and Im loving every minute of it :tongue:

Im very good at encouraging other people to eat well, exercise, get off the sofa, engage in the world around them etc.

Ive watched a million weight loss TV programmes and am constantly inspired and astounded by how much people can acheive with some guts, determination and sheer hard work.

I work with adults with learning disabilities and am about to spearhead a huge year long project around health, wellbeing and leisure.

Im absolutely passionate about endurance riding and really enjoy being out and about exploring the countryside but am always worried about my weight and Rosies fitness.

Sooooo in order to actually practise what I preach I have decided to set myself a slightly crazy, inspired and hopefully inspiring, madcap, emotionally and phyiscally demanding, blood, sweat and tears inducing, weight reducing, health improving, fun, scarey and utterly exhilarating adventure. Setting off at 11pm on 9th June I will be cycling 100km (62 miles) around the streets of London visiting some of the sights! Heres the info on Nightrider I expect it to take 7 - 8 hours more or less non stop and the training will be phenomenal.

Ive already made a start, feel fabulous and have lost 5 lbs this week!

Mecap is a fantastic charity and I really hope you guys will support me and adults with learning disabilities by sponsering me on my ride. I have a Virgin Giving page Please give generously! :wub:

This sounds interesting. *goes off to look*. I want to do some sort of challenge this year. I looked at cycling from London to Paris but the costs have put me off :poop:

OMG Future husband Ben Fogle will be there too :inlove:

Fabulous news :) You need to raise £175 and the entry free is £39 - is this the bit you want them to sponser?

Im leaving from Alexandra Palace at 11.05 (leaving time to be confirmed) Hope to see you there :D

No i will pay the £39 myself but will ask people to sponsor me to help raise the £175 . :dance: *excited*:biggrin:

I know June is a long way off but Id really appreciate some sponsers please guys - the thought of all that money is a huge incentive to work my butt off! Ive lost 6 pounds in just over a week already!

Just a fiver would really help towards having a positive impact of the lives of people with learning disabilites - some of our most vulnerable members of society.

http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fun...tion?userUrl=AnnaReeves100kmBikeRideForMencap

newrider.com